Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
ElevatorGuy doesn't waste words when one will do. On the other hand, I love to waste words... I have absolutely no experience with a land plane - however, from the literally dozens of threads on the subject I have read here I would have to say that a 54 inch would be about perfect for a 2025R.

·
Registered
2019 2025R with Loader, Backhoe, 54D Mower, Forks, Rear Snowblower, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, QH
161 Posts
ElevatorGuy doesn't waste words when one will do. On the other hand, I love to waste words... I have absolutely no experience with a land plane - however, from the literally dozens of threads on the subject I have read here I would have to say that a 54 inch would be about perfect for a 2025R.
I agree based on a lot of time on my 48" box blade this summer including up and down some of my hilly roads and trails. I'm certain my 2025 could handle a 1/3 or 1 size up box blade, and a land plane I would think requires a bit less grunt and traction given its function.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
I have a 60" Frontier LP1160 for my 2025R.
A 54" land plane should be no problem for your 2025R .

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just ordered a Woods 54" Land Plane myself about a month ago. Purchased through a dealer in Delaware after seeing one up close in Ohio. They are hard to come by and take several months to get after order.
Been back and forth on what size to use for my JD770 w/4WD as it seemed 48" was too small and a 60" was too large. After acquiring an original John Deere sales brochure for my 1989 JD770, it was recommended by John Deere to use a 50A Box Scraper (54-1/2"). Wide enough to cover the rear tires and tractor has enough pulling power to make it work.

Wheel Tire Plant Grass Vehicle

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Besides scarifiers what kinds of differences are there in land planes? Are some made differently or better than others? What is the best one you can buy?

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Besides scarifiers what kinds of differences are there in land planes? Are some made differently or better than others? What is the best one you can buy?
Here's a different look that I built with offsetting angled blades. I love how this thing levels.

Plant Outdoor bench Tree Outdoor furniture Shade
Plant Tree Wood Land lot Grass

·
Registered
2,707 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I pulled a Woods 72" landplane with my old JD 770, it didn't have a problem with it unless the box was full / overflowing with of gravel, but my JD 4044R has a hard time with that too. Woods makes good stuff I have their Finish Mower too. One thing I wish I would done is gotten the blades on the rear side too when I bought it, I guess I could still do that now, but I have to get approval from the CFO (Wife). You'll be surprised at how many times you'll use the landplane in reverse and what a nice job it does. I also use the landplane in reverse for some area because it doesn't dig in as much as going forward. I have to do that for some area because silly ATT only buries the internet cable 3-4 inches along the edge of the road. If the internet goes out there's hell to pay with the wife, because she works from home now. The scarifiers are nice to use when roads hard pack and dry, but you can always wait for rain to soften the road up in my area. But I have to be careful not tear up the internet cable with the scarifiers as mentioned before, so be careful if you have the same situation as me. Anyways, I'm really happy with the Woods landplane, for sure. Hooks up easy to the QH too.

Reactions: cc1999

·
Registered
2021 JD 2025R
32 Posts
I agree with the others. I have a 60" Frontier box blade on my 2025R and have no issues with it pulling and digging, so a landplane would pull easier than a box blade, I would think.

Reactions: cc1999

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I put this summary together a while back, might be helpful, might not.

I ended up ordering the EA 60" for my 2032R, I would say of all of them, that one would probably be too much for a 2025R due to the weight, it's about as much as my 2032R can handle. Also, I didn't realize this when I bought it, but the blades are not adjustable under 1", meaning 1" is the minimum cutting depth, it's more difficult to finish the grade since you can't adjust it to just ride on the skids and cut off the peaks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.