Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

This is one city boy who moved with my farm girl wife to her hometown in Coulee Country, Western Wisconsin. We purchased a house and 40 acres of mostly wooded land just under a year ago. Included in the sale was a beautiful JD 3203 Tractor, with a rear cutter and a rear blade of unknown manufacture. After surving our first winter in the new place I quickly learned how much I would be depending on this machine. After a few lessons from my Retired Farmer Father-in-Law, I have a good handle on things. Looking forward to talking with some experts and ansking some questions.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Welcome from western wi. I had never heard of coulee county had to look that up. Looks like its down southern part of the state. Have fun with the new toy, wish I had 40 acres to tear up.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
From Texas.....

:gtfam:

·
Administrator
20,881 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Registered
947 Posts
From the Eastern part of WI...Welcome to GTT. :drinks:

·
Super Moderator
5,204 Posts
Welcome aboard!

If your wife's family has been in that area for very long then they probably know (or knew of) a bunch of my distant relatives. 3 of my great-great grandfathers were among the original (white) inhabitants of that area back in the 1840s - back in the day when they cleared a couple hundred acres with a horse and/or mule. I've got dead relatives all over that area. :laugh:

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Welcome from Dodge county Wisconsin. 40 acres sounds like a lot of room to roam. Mostly woods? Hilly? Any of it tillable?

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
:wgtt:Welcome from Tn. Enjoy the equip and the 40 acres. It's fun time!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Welcome fellow Cheddar Head....
North west corner here... On a rock pile among the lakes...

Enjoy

·
Registered
2,175 Posts

From CT

·
Registered
4,485 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,816 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,584 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hello, another Western Wisconsin guy here...

Welcome from western wi. I had never heard of coulee county had to look that up.
You must not watch the weather on WEAU, their always talking about the weather in the Chippewa Valley (around Eau Claire), and this shift south to the Coulee Region (around Lacrosse)

·
Premium Member
14,899 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

1 - 18 of 18 Posts