Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Frontier BB2048L was planned, but I found someone selling a slightly used LandPride BB0548 (Cat-0/Cat-1/Cat-1 Limited) for less than half the cost of the Frontier BB2048L
How do they compare?
Should I buy it?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
You need to find out the HP requirements of the box blade. Also you want something that is wider than the width of you tractor wheels in the rear. Six or eight inches on either side is a good margin. You may also get a good deal at your local Tractor supply store. I got a BB there for about $400. less than a Frontier. Frontier is made well. But as long as you don't think your going to sink a box blade in to full depth & turn it into a mini land excavator I think you would be ok with the Land Pride. Box blades are great & easy to learn how to use. But if they are too big for your tractor's HP or too small in width you will have problems.

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
They look very similar, here are the two specs:

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Given what others have used on previous models, to include the newer Signature Series, the Frontier BB2048L is well received for the machines.
The LandPride is the same width.

Frontier BB2048L

Working width 121.9 cm, 48 in.
Endplate thickness 1 cm, 0.375 in.
Moldboard thickness 0.5 cm, 0.1875 in.
Weight 124.7 kg, 275 lb
Horsepower Required: 18

LandPride BB0548

48", 54" Widths
Cat. 0, 1 & 1 Limited Hitch
Two welded braces to rear of bucket
12" High roll-formed moldboard
Heat treated dimpled on tips
3/16" Side panels

Horsepower Required: 17-25 HP
Weight: 277lbs

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may also get a good deal at your local Tractor supply store. I got a BB there for about $400. less than a Frontier.
There is a TS close by. I considered their box scrapers, until I learned that the two center rippers can not be raised all the way up without modifications.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I consider Land Pride on the higher end of attachment quality and would pounce on that one for $400.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Happy camper??? Happy thief! You stole it. I'm green with envy.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Happy camper??? Happy thief! You stole it. I'm green with envy.
I felt the same way when I stumbled upon it. It may not be green & yellow, but I think I was a lucky fellow.
20180720_093124.jpg
20180720_093232.jpg
20180720_093156.jpg
20180720_093310.jpg

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Nice find! Few rattle cans of JD green can resolve that issue

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
There is a TS close by. I considered their box scrapers, until I learned that the two center rippers can not be raised all the way up without modifications.
That's news to me. Mine raise & lower in all positions since day one. If anything I've considered drilling another set of pin holes so I can mount them lower & take a larger bite. Maybe they have changed something on the design since I got mine.

If you just want to use the box & scraper blades & you find that the rippers are in the way, just remove them completely. It only takes a minute to do. And once the rippers are above the scraper blades, there is not much point in adjusting them any higher. Also after you take them out, you can re mount them upside down on the frame & this way you can take them with you into the field if you need them back in. You can make these adjustments with any brand of box blade.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't recall the forum or thread that mentioned (and showed) the two center rippers hitting the 45 degrees supports, or the model of BB it was. The rippers definitely could not be raised all the way. No offense, but considering my OP referenced Frontier and Land Pride, your input was no help. So, you win the debate concerning what I mentioned regarding the rippers. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I felt the same way when I stumbled upon it. It may not be green & yellow, but I think I was a lucky fellow.
View attachment 639348
View attachment 639350
View attachment 639352
View attachment 639354
Don’t fixate on paint color. I have 3 Bright orange LandPride attachments that I pull behind my 1025r. At the end of the day, it’s not the paint color that gets the job done. Even my QH is bright orange, the upside to that is not bushings to deal with!!!

‘17 1025r w/FEL
(2) 80 JD carts
18 JD cart
Land Pride 4’ land plane
Land Pride 1258 tiller
Land Pride FDR 1660
Frontier ss1023 broadcast spreader
Victory EF155 flail mower

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually, the orange makes the green and yellow really POP.
I'm a finish carpenter by trade and profession. So look is everything to me. :hi:

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
could always pull it apart and rattle can it green if it became that bothersome.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I doubt I'll do anything to it, but use it. Once my Ruegg hitch is installed, the BB is going into service to rip out about 6-8" of material. To get our parking area to grade.
Then I plan to use one ripper to cut a trench line, then both centers..eventually to full depth. Then comes a couple holes for water collection basins, and then lay pipe to divert the run-off elsewhere.
Then I'll have a couple dump truck loads (20-24yds) of 1-1/4" minus brought in so I can spread it out as the finishing topper.

Then I'll worry about paint. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I doubt I'll do anything to it, but use it. Once my Ruegg hitch is installed, the BB is going into service to rip out about 6-8" of material. To get our parking area to grade.
Then I plan to use one ripper to cut a trench line, then both centers..eventually to full depth. Then comes a couple holes for water collection basins, and then lay pipe to divert the run-off elsewhere.
Then I'll have a couple dump truck loads (20-24yds) of 1-1/4" minus brought in so I can spread it out as the finishing topper.

Then I'll worry about paint. :thumbup1gif:
I never thought about using a box blade with only 2 center rippers to tear up the soil so it was loose enough to shovel out and lay pipe in.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I never thought about using a box blade with only 2 center rippers to tear up the soil so it was loose enough to shovel out and lay pipe in.
I guess you owe me a beer for the idea now , huh? :bigbeer:

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I guess you owe me a beer for the idea now , huh? :bigbeer:
You find me a deal like yours and i'll send you a case!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts