Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of updating a blade for my JD4400. I've found a nice RBT1584 and would like to add an angle cylinder. From my review and calling Landpride, they never made a kit for the under 40 blades as I suppose back in the day there were not many tractors with rear remotes. But anyway another complication is that the blade has a frame swivel. I think this can be overcome with ball end cylinders. Also Landpride does make a bolt on front plate for hook, however there is not a clear way to add this to the rear. There is a hole in the blade which I suppose I could add an angle plate. I'd rather not weld on any of the actual blade. The current 16 series has a bolt on plate but assy is different than my unit. I wondered if anyone has added such a cylinder and I have been looking for some photos. I would like some info if anyone has anything to share. Here is photo of my blade and since this I've painted it a nice new green.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jgayman: I think I could use swivel end cylinders but you are right on the angles...but it is easy to adjust manually....much easier than my Dirt Dog.....I got this blade for $250 so I don't really want to put more into it...but it's more than worth that...maybe hydraulic belong on the Dirt Dog as it's my snow blade....

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't want to weld on the main frame....but an eyelet attachment may work with pivot ends on cylinder....I'm just not sure it's worth the extra work....I can see how to make it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.