Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am considering purchasing a dump truck with a landscape body and I would like for it have drop sides. While conducting my search I have found a lot of manufactures of dump body's (Monroe, Knapheide, Venco, Rugby, PJ's) and it seems the more I search the more manufactures I find. Where does someone like me who has never owned a dump truck start? This truck would be used on a farm/ranch. As for the truck I am looking at F450 and F550's. Any input is appreciated.

Thank's
Mark

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hello All,

I am considering purchasing a dump truck with a landscape body and I would like for it have drop sides. While conducting my search I have found a lot of manufactures of dump body's (Monroe, Knapheide, Venco, Rugby, PJ's) and it seems the more I search the more manufactures I find. Where does someone like me who has never owned a dump truck start? This truck would be used on a farm/ranch. As for the truck I am looking at F450 and F550's. Any input is appreciated.

Thank's
Mark

Those trucks would require a CVOR, do you already have one?

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I owned an F-350 dump truck and would love to have another. Looking at the 450/550 size trucks is an excellent idea because the weight of the dump mechanism eats up a lot of payload. That’s why I didn’t put one on my F-250, would have taken all my cargo capacity.

I can’t speak to specific brands but I prefer a PTO powered hydraulic system to electric. Nothing wrong with electric, I just like the hydraulic pump being driven mechanically. Personal preference. If I were ever to have another, it would likely be electric over hydraulic just for ease of installation.

Are you looking at new trucks or used?

·
Registered
478 Posts
i owned an f-350 dump truck and would love to have another. Looking at the 450/550 size trucks is an excellent idea because the weight of the dump mechanism eats up a lot of payload. That’s why i didn’t put one on my f-250, would have taken all my cargo capacity.

I can’t speak to specific brands but i prefer a pto powered hydraulic system to electric. Nothing wrong with electric, i just like the hydraulic pump being driven mechanically. Personal preference. If i were ever to have another, it would likely be electric over hydraulic just for ease of installation.

huh!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not sure I would need A CVOR but that would be something to consider.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I owned an F-350 dump truck and would love to have another. Looking at the 450/550 size trucks is an excellent idea because the weight of the dump mechanism eats up a lot of payload. That’s why I didn’t put one on my F-250, would have taken all my cargo capacity.

I can’t speak to specific brands but I prefer a PTO powered hydraulic system to electric. Nothing wrong with electric, I just like the hydraulic pump being driven mechanically. Personal preference. If I were ever to have another, it would likely be electric over hydraulic just for ease of installation.

I would love to find a good used one but my biggest concern would be finding one that is "cigarette smoke free", which might be hard.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I would love to find a good used one but my biggest concern would be finding one that is "cigarette smoke free", which might be hard.
Just take it to a detail shop. They will make it smell like it came from Henry Ford's factory!

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
Those trucks would require a CVOR, do you already have one?

ok-gotta ask what a CVOR is? just cause u know what it means-doesn't mean that the rest of us will. thank u for understanding.:good2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts