Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I borrowed a 72" landscape rake to use behind my 3039R, was surprised that its was not quick hitch compatible. It was a bush hog brand. What brands are compatible?? Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
I borrowed a 72" landscape rake to use behind my 3039R, was surprised that its was not quick hitch compatible. It was a bush hog brand. What brands are compatible?? Thanks
Unfortunately there is no one brand whose implements are quick hitch compatible across the board. With older implements quick hitch compatibility seems common. A lot of newer implements are, especially from Frontier and Deere but you pretty much have to verify compatibility on an individual implement basis.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
You might check Everything Attachments, they advertise their Severe extreme duty as quick hitch compatible

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
All you need is a pair of adapter for the implement. The put in a top pin and you have a quick hitch implement.

NorTrac Quick-Hitch Bushing Set — Fits Category 1 Hitches | 3-Point Hitch Adapters| Northern Tool + Equipment
I don't think this is what the OP was referring to. It's not a bushing issue. Not all implements are quick hitch compatible - meaning the dimensions of the three point hitch attachment points are either wider or narrower than the hooks on the quick hitch. In addition, the vertical distance from the bottom pins to the top-link is too short or too tall on some implements.

Also, a lot of older implements have some kind of cross bracing underneath the top-link connection point which makes it impossible to grab with the hook on a quick hitch. This type of incompatibility is sometimes the easiest to fix as there are adapter yokes which will allow you to use a pin instead of the top hook.

There are several design queues that must be followed to make an implement truly quick hitch compatible and unfortunately a lot of older implements did not follow the standards.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,787 Posts
Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
Reactions: BigJim55 and Gizmo2

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Gizmo. That is the yoke I was referring to above. I have one myself. It works great for implements which have an obstructed top-link mounting point. It can also be used to provide a floating top-link for implements like rear finish mowers and rotary cutters.
Any pics? I can't see where this is going to help at all. Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
You may be in luck then because that is the area that the adapter yoke is supposed to help. See the photo below.

Top_link_Yoke.jpg

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,787 Posts
Reactions: jgayman

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
The adapter will not make the rake compatible but it will work as designed...

View attachment 333882 _ View attachment 333890
OOPS
I borrowed the pictures from MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information - View Single Post - Positioning Adapter on HF Quick Hitch

Edit:
OOPS, jgayman is faster.:lol:
Perhaps... but your photos better illustrate the use of the yoke. It's odd that they are showing using the yoke with that Land Pride implement because that implement is already quick hitch compatible. That's what the lower hole is for. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts