Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about a 6' landscape rack behind a 1025R? Raking grass and gravel drive and knocking down snow in the winter is what I see my uses for it. I was thinking originally about a 5', but got to wondering why not a 6'.......you know how that goes.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I had the same question. Most of the people I spoke to said either one should work fine on a scut. It is a light weight implement and does not create a huge amount of drag on the tractor under normal use conditions. Of course I keep in mind I am not considered normal in most social settings. :wink:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,759 Posts
Not saying one way or the other but a full load of dirt and be pretty heavy to drag around. Could always remove 2 or 3 tines temporarily and make it a 5 ft if need be.

·
Super Moderator
8,129 Posts
I had a 6' York rake with scarifier back in the day. I used it behind my JD950. Loaned it to my X-FIL and never saw it again. Back on point........if you're going to use it for rough grading you're going to need plenty of power and traction. For light grading and top dressing you'd be OK. If you're using it with rippers or culling rocks and stones go with the smaller unit or as mentioned remove some tines on each end.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great idea on removing tines. Never thought about that. Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was concerned about that too. I have a little JD box blade with three rippers at about 4' or so and am interested in getting a rake for cleanup. I was just looking at everything attachments SCUT rake and TSC rakes both 5' and 6'. I have turf tires on and sometimes don't get the traction I would like.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have a 6' rake from TSC and have been using it on my SCUTS since the 2210 days. I maintain my driveway (est 1000' gravel) and yard with it. I have had zero problems on any of the tractors including the 1026r. Nice to use in the spring to clean up the small limbs that fall from snow and ice. I also used to it when I built my house to level the yard and pick up the larger rocks before planting grass. Nevere used to to plow snow.

·
Registered
35 Posts
thanks for the info billie....I was wondering about TSC rakes and how they held up. I was a little worried and was leaning towards everything attachments but cost was holding me back but worrying about the quality of the county line rakes kept me looking at EA. they have one heck of a video for their rakes. they look like they can really take it.
I might have to take another run by TSC and take another peek. no problem with the 6 foot on the 1026R? good to hear.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Just FYI, I have the ETA 6' rake and the 1025r can just barely lift it when the gage wheels are installed. Pulling it is not a problem.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Just FYI, I have the ETA 6' rake and the 1025r can just barely lift it when the gage wheels are installed. Pulling it is not a problem.
Wow, that surprises me. Most landscape rakes are not real heavy. Is this a real heavy duty unit or something?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Gizmo, You are going to share aren't you?

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Even the landscape rake I made for my garden tractor (Deere 322...) seemed pretty heavy duty. I bought the tines and pre-drilled 48 inch bar from ASC and adapted it to my AgriFab rear blade boom that I bought that was already modified by a prior owner to use the lift system that is on my tractor for the 30 Hydraulic tiller. A bit of a FrankenDeere attachment, I know...

I wasn't moving large amounts of material -- just taking the small rocks out of a tilled and reclaimed orchard... so it was not very critical that the modified boom and angle arrangement is a bit lower to the ground than a purpose-built landscape rake should be. Yes -- I am cheap, and don't have welding skills or equipment so bolting things together to accomplish my needs is pretty common around here...

IMG_1564.JPG IMG_1565.JPG IMG_1568.JPG

You can see I inverted the angle handle and axle to get the proper geometry so the rake was level at all angle settings. That AgriFab boom is much too flexible and should get better bracing/boxing at a later date so it does not twist quite as much. Still, it did the job just fine...

Chuck

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,759 Posts
Just an added note to FredHickory,
Removing every other tine will lessen the amount of material you are pulling especially when doing the rough leveling. Add the tines back in for the fine grading/leveling.

Reactions: FredHickory

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Wow, that surprises me. Most landscape rakes are not real heavy. Is this a real heavy duty unit or something?
Yeah, real heavy duty, They say it weighs 368lbs, plus the gauge wheels add another 100 or so pounds about 6ft behind - then I also have the 65lb iMatch...

With the gauge wheels on I just disconnect the top link, makes it real easy to lift that way. Without the gauge wheels installed there is no problem at all lifting it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I watched the two part video on ETA about their rakes. they are a beast. tines are really good spring steel. in trying to find its "breaking point" they ended up only springing one tine. they did not baby it for sure. they have a rake for compact tractors and is lighter but I'm not sure if it has the same spring set up.

·
Registered
709 Posts
The long distance behind the 3 point definitely has an affect on raising the rake. The gauge wheels must be heavier than I would have figured also. It must be a very heavy duty setup.

·
Registered
673 Posts
If you are going to do much grading I would get the gage wheels it makes the job much easier. If not I found out when the tractor front end goes up the rake goes down and when the front of the tractor goes down the rake goes up. With the gage wheels it keeps the rake even.

Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
The EA products are incredible... I have one of their box blades and it gets compliments on it's heft and innovative design all the time, especially when stacked against the known brands. I have a landscape rake and a land plane on my wish list from EA. The XTreme Duty subcompact 60" rake is 245lbs vs. the version 3.0 XTreme Duty rake is 344lbs (as previously mentioned). They both have great features and are extremely well build. I don't even bother looking at the "brands" anymore as they are certainly not better than the EA products, but cost more. I like the slotted top link mount on the version 3.0 landscape rake, so that may be the deciding factor for me even though the rake is a little big for a subcompact, it will still work fine with a subcompact. Just my .02.

Reactions: FredHickory
1 - 20 of 22 Posts