Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking to get a spray rig and I'm unsure of what to set my sights on. I've honed in on a 200 gallon sprayer with 45 foot booms from Iva Mfg. I have a 5075e with cab, 520m loader, and fluid filled tires, Total weight of the machine is approximately 10,800 lbs. If I throw on the bucket I'm at exactly 11,164 lbs.

According to their owner, the sprayer model I'm looking at has an operating weight of 2,600 lbs. According to Deere, the 3 pt lift capacity @ 24" on the 5075e is 3,192 lbs. I don't see much issue with the lift capacity per se, but I am concerned about the weight on the rear and ballasting. My land is light to moderately rolling and relatively flat in many areas. I'm looking to use this for pasture maintenance on 60 acres. I have my paddocks divided into 20 acre sections.

Am I crazy thinking a 200 gallon sprayer would be compatible with my setup or should I just get a 300 gallon pull-type rig?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Be aware of the boom width and your land contours. I've a 20 foot (total) and have problems with the tips hitting the ground while the opposite side is too high. Spray drift is a constant concern since I have close neighbors. A 45 foot 3 point rig would problematic for me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 300 gal 85ft 3ph spray rig that I use on a deere 4840 (180 pto hp) with 1200# weights on front. It gets mighty light on the front end when the tank is full. I also own a 5075 and do not consider it enough tractor to have ever even hooked it up. Just using the size difference between the two tractors, I would think a 200 gal 3ph sprayer would be too much for my 5075. I would think 150gal would be about all I would want to try. Just my opinion and thoughts on it.

Let us know what you end up buying as I want one that matches my 5075 too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 300 gal 85ft 3ph spray rig that I use on a deere 4840 (180 pto hp) with 1200# weights on front. It gets mighty light on the front end when the tank is full. I also own a 5075 and do not consider it enough tractor to have ever even hooked it up. Just using the size difference between the two tractors, I would think a 200 gal 3ph sprayer would be too much for my 5075. I would think 150gal would be about all I would want to try. Just my opinion and thoughts on it.

Let us know what you end up buying as I want one that matches my 5075 too.
So I decided to order a Frontier LS1130 from my local Deere dealer. I ultimately was convinced by the marketing video John Deere made on the LS series sprayers. In the video they used a 5075e almost exactly configured as mine––although I had more tire ballast. At any rate, they seemed to make it look like a non issue.

I take delivery of it in November, so I'll let y'all know how it performs and if the video was a lie 🙃

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Where are you located CF? I think my local dealer has those on the lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.