Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After last night I thought now is the time to try out Green Farm Parts.

We had snow and blowing snow all week here. Yesterday morning my wife got her Traverse stuck in the drive. Unfortunately it was after I left for work. Our closest neighbor came over and pulled her out so she could make it to work on time and took our oldest to his house to wait on the bus. Thanks Neil! So after a short 10 hr day plowing the road on I 74, I finally made it home last night. I got out the mighty 4310 and started to clear the drive. First push, the tractor rode up on the packed snow and then broke through. Stuck up to the axles. Crap. Got out the might 2500hd and got it stuck nose down in the grass close to the 4310. Double crap. I shoveled for 45 minutes trying to free the 4310, but there was too much under the tractor and box blade. The wife says" I am going to call Neil." I said no don't bother him he has had a long day keeping his livestock happy in the -20 wind chill. Of course she did not listen. For which I am grateful. We used his truck to free the tractor. Then we used the tractor to almost free the truck. When we hooked the chain to the tractor we did a dumb thing, we hooked to the box blade instead of the hitch. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. It broke the yoke at the bottom of the left lift link. We rigged up a chain to get the blade back to the shed and then the truck was able to get out. What a night.

That leads me to the post. I thought what a good time to try Green Farm Parts. I looked up the part on Deere Parts and checked at the local dealer and Green Farm Parts and I also ordered a Hydro filter as that needs done this year and I saved about $35. It is not supposed to snow for the next 14 days. Let's try them!

Sorry for the long post. Now out side to try to get the old mail box post out of the ground, Oh yeah, that got hit on Thursday night!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
Now that you had all your bad luck for the year it should be good for the rest year. :thumbup1gif:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Wow! I sure hope things get better from here!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Bet you slept well after that

·
Registered
770 Posts
On the bright side, ya got all three done and over with, within a few yards of a nice warm house.

THAT is the kind of thing that takes some Shmaarts.

I always manage to get stuck, broken down, or stranded, out in the middle of nowhere like a dummy.:slap-yourself-emoti

You're doing it right!!:lol:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the bright side, ya got all three done and over with, within a few yards of a nice warm house.

THAT is the kind of thing that takes some Shmaarts.

I always manage to get stuck, broken down, or stranded, out in the middle of nowhere like a dummy.:slap-yourself-emoti

You're doing it right!!:lol:
Lol, yes it was a short walk for the chain.

On the bright side I got the new mail box up. Used a steel post driven in to the broken post and used calcium cloride to thaw the ground. Hooked a chain to it and used the 4310 and loader to pull it straight up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,757 Posts
Lol, yes it was a short walk for the chain.

On the bright side I got the new mail box up. Used a steel post driven in to the broken post and used calcium cloride to thaw the ground. Hooked a chain to it and used the 4310 and loader to pull it straight up.
Sorry about your rotten day. If it is any help, my little brother works for the state Highway they work 12 hr shifts during the winter months.. I know either way makes a very long day especially when things don't well after getting home.

Hope it is a better week and year.

·
Vendor
468 Posts
I got my parts today. Wow what fast service.

Here is credit where credit is due. Fast accurate orders and fast shipping. Great job Green Farm Parts!
Thanks Matt! And we hope your week has gotten better!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts