Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, finally got my Hydro Plus upgraded pump installed a couple weeks ago. Used it mostly doing firewood processing. It has worked out GREAT!! I love the added speed of the loader, all at lower engine speeds. Made it like a whole new machine. Great add on with the 220 MSL. Sorry, forgot to take pics as I was doing it, so just the one pic after installation.

Finished the install of the Saw Haul chainsaw holder. I added a 2nd bracket lower on the scabbard to help keep it more secure, and from flopping around. Just used Saw Haul's old plastic insert, and cut it out some to fit it to the new style scabbard. Sure glad I invested in the Rivit-Nut system. Made the job super simple!

Also Painted Hydraulic top link JD Green, installed the radials I snagged a few months ago, and installed the wheel weights I had on hand. I added the weights as the radials are not loaded. For those needing to know, the carriage bolts are 5 1/2" long per single weight. Using this length will leave a "stud" sticking out enough to "hang" next weight on until bolts for second weight are installed. Use 7" long carriage bolts if going thru rim, first weight, and 2nd weight. I put two weights on each side.

I do plan on adding 3" spacers in the spring. The radials are quite a bit narrower than the R4's. The 3PT sway chains are real close to the inside sidewalls of the tires. Here are some pics.

Allen.

Automotive tire Tire Wood Bumper Rim

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Gas Wood

Tire Wheel Green Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Wheel Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Wheel Tire Dog Vehicle Tractor

Tire Wheel Dog Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

· Registered
244 Posts
May I ask what size are the rear radial tires? It's probably the camera angle and the fender extensions but they seem a little smaller that the turf radial tires on my 2038R. Where did you get your chainsaw holder attachment. It looks quite impressive.

· Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
May I ask what size are the rear radial tires? It's probably the camera angle and the fender extensions but they seem a little smaller that the turf radial tires on my 2038R. Where did you get your chainsaw holder attachment. It looks quite impressive.
I got the chainsaw holder from SAW HAUL. I used 2 mounting brackets to keep it from flopping around and popping out of the top bracket without the saw in it, and when pulling the saw out. Minor issues really, just bugged the H*LL out of me.

The rear radials are 300/70R-20's. From what I've seen the turf tires are wider than the radials. It looks worse because the overall with of the radials is narrower than the R4's I had on it before.

Allen.

· Registered
26 Posts
I also ordered the cylinder kit and pump from hydros plus. Haven't installed either yet going to do the cylinders first till I have some downtime to tear into the pump.

How long would you say the pump took? Also any tips? I have autoconnect brackets on my 2038r

· Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also ordered the cylinder kit and pump from hydros plus. Haven't installed either yet going to do the cylinders first till I have some downtime to tear into the pump.

How long would you say the pump took? Also any tips? I have autoconnect brackets on my 2038r
Should take around 2-4 hrs. Depends how mechanically inclined you are. Leaving the auto connect on presents no issues. Hardest part is getting the two 8mm inverted hex bolts out, other than that it's fairly easy even with that auto connect on.

Allen.

· Registered
8 Posts

I was one of the early adopters for the 2R3E pumps and had the pleasure of working with Kevin to design the 2" lift cylinders for the 220R MSL loader.

Changing the pump - the only piece of advice I would add, that is not included in Kevin's video over at HydroPlus, is if you have the Command Cut linear actuator it will be a bigger challenge to swap out the pump because the actuator is in the way to put your hand through the access hole. Also, before you disconnect hydraulic fluid lines wrap your linear actuator up with a plastic garbage bag or something similar. This will prevent oil from getting into it and potentially causing electric motor issues, actuator sensor issues or collecting dirt in the mechanism.

Photos courtesy of HydrosPlus 2R3E pump and 220R MSL 2" lift cylinders

I also run a Hoelscher hydraulic bale accumulator with the new pump installation.

Wheel Tire Plant Sky Cloud

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Tractor

Rainbow Wheel Tire Plant Sky

· Registered
343 Posts

I installed my 2r3e pump yesterday which took about 2.5 hours and I do have the auto connect actuator but I only disconnected the pump side of the suction hose.
I did all the work from the opening of the belly but I'm a skinny fellow.

· Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I installed my 2r3e pump yesterday which took about 2.5 hours and I do have the auto connect actuator but I only disconnected the pump side of the suction hose.
I did all the work from the opening of the belly but I'm a skinny fellow.
I did the same thing worked out perfect for me with the auto connect still connected not a bad job at all and wow what an upgrade

· Registered
15 Posts
I was one of the early adopters for the 2R3E pumps and had the pleasure of working with Kevin to design the 2" lift cylinders for the 220R MSL loader.

Changing the pump - the only piece of advice I would add, that is not included in Kevin's video over at HydroPlus, is if you have the Command Cut linear actuator it will be a bigger challenge to swap out the pump because the actuator is in the way to put your hand through the access hole. Also, before you disconnect hydraulic fluid lines wrap your linear actuator up with a plastic garbage bag or something similar. This will prevent oil from getting into it and potentially causing electric motor issues, actuator sensor issues or collecting dirt in the mechanism.

Photos courtesy of HydrosPlus 2R3E pump and 220R MSL 2" lift cylinders

I also run a Hoelscher hydraulic bale accumulator with the new pump installation.

View attachment 876545

View attachment 876547

View attachment 876551

I noticed your ballast on the back - what's your total ballast weight?
Do you feel it's enough?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts