Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I bought my 1025 I have been toying with the idea of fabbing up my own attachments. Late last fall I had a old manure bucket fall in my lap for cheap.

I cut the sides down and welded quick attachments on it and have been able to create 2 large brush piles, stack logs for cutting into fire wood and even move my garbage dumpster around. It isn't pretty like what some of the true craftsmen on this board have made but it works for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
I worked in a welding and machine shop more than 55 years ago!

I truly appreciate how you re-purposed the bucket and made something useful out of it.

I think we need a new thread entitled "Rat-Rodding Tractor Implements" and that with your demonstrated ingenuity I think that you should open that thread.

In case it was not clear - - - I am truly impressed.

:bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am like that. If I can't buy it I will make it. My old grey market tractor I made my own fork attachment that pinedon in place of the bucket. The guy I sold it to could not believe I made it from scratch. Worked great for 15 years. I got my new 2025R home and added a 2" receiver to the Frontier fork attachment the next day. I had one in the one I made for the grey market and used it a lot.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Ever since I bought my 1025 I have been toying with the idea of fabbing up my own attachments. Late last fall I had a old manure bucket fall in my lap for cheap.

I cut the sides down and welded quick attachments on it and have been able to create 2 large brush piles, stack logs for cutting into fire wood and even move my garbage dumpster around. It isn't pretty like what some of the true craftsmen on this board have made but it works for me.
I like it! Good find. Paint it green and someone will ask where he can order one

·
Premium Member
7,883 Posts
:good2:

Nice work.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliments. As you have noticed I didn't take any close up pics of my welds, they are definitely not "instagram" quality but are holding fine, at least as far as the ability of the fel. As far as painting it goes, the amount of work to prep will be quite difficult without a sand blaster. I have some more work to do to it like weld on chain hooks and heavy D rings for tie downs and then I might think about paint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts