Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished up mowing the lawn and fertilizing and thought I'd post up a couple pics of my lawn to share.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I've always loved cutting grass and having a nice lawn, even as a kid growing up. Although the last few years I've really gotten in to it and put down some sort of fertilizer, etc. every three weeks, with an annual soil test to boot. I no longer buy my chemicals at the big box stores and shop wholesale now. Makes it nice and thick and requires mowing every 4 days or so - the more seat time the better :good2:

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Looks like you have some of the flattest land around Morgantown! :lol:

My parents were born and raised in Fairmont so I spent a lot of time in that area with my grandparents. My oldest sister went to WVU. Are you old enough to remember Chico's ice cream parlor? Good stuff!!

I'd be embarrassed to show pics of my lawn here after seeing what you other guys have posted. I had a pretty bad outbreak of thistle this spring so I have a bunch of brown spots where I sprayed the Round-Up to kill it.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts

My parents were born and raised in Fairmont so I spent a lot of time in that area with my grandparents. My oldest sister went to WVU. Are you old enough to remember Chico's ice cream parlor? Good stuff!!

I'd be embarrassed to show pics of my lawn here after seeing what you other guys have posted. I had a pretty bad outbreak of thistle this spring so I have a bunch of brown spots where I sprayed the Round-Up to kill it.
Don't let the angle of the photo deceive you it is quite steep, especially the lower part just out of view on the right. I maybe old enough to remember Chico's but just moved here last summer.

·
Registered
714 Posts
:lol:I suspect mowing is real fast and easy too.
A year has gone by since my first photo and it still pretty much is weed free.

·
Registered
714 Posts

I graduated from FSU in 1985 but don't recall Chicos. Now I do remember Yanns hotdogs, the college lunch, CV News, Marinos, Colesessenos, corner pocket and Murialles. In fact I married the dining room manager at Murialles.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Great google earth shot.....

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Don't let the angle of the photo deceive you it is quite steep, especially the lower part just out of view on the right. I maybe old enough to remember Chico's but just moved here last summer.
Sorry - was kidding about your place being flat! There's not much flat around Morgantown or Fairmont!!

I graduated from FSU in 1985 but don't recall Chicos. Now I do remember Yanns hotdogs, the college lunch, CV News, Marinos, Colesessenos, corner pocket and Murialles. In fact I married the dining room manager at Murialles.
Chico's was actually in Morgantown. They had been open since the '50's but closed up sometime in the late 80's I think. They used to have a sundae called "The Mighty Mountaineer" - 24 scoops of ice cream and toppings!! If you could eat the whole thing it was free.

Murialle's is GREAT!! We eat there every time we're in Fairmont. My parents still own a little bit of land which was part of the farm my mom grew up on in Fairmont. We go in a couple of times a year for family reunions and, unfortunately, funerals. And we always bring back pepperoni rolls!!

·
Premium Member
6,035 Posts
Haven't taken much this year yet, so here are some from previous seasons:

HPIM2711 (640x478).jpg

HPIM2773 (640x478).jpg

HPIM2812 (640x478).jpg

HPIM2852 (Small).JPG

We have a total of 1-1/2 acres, including the drive & buildings. Getting ready for the fourth mowing this afternoon, takes one hour with the JD F525 w/48" deck. ~~ Lowell

1 - 20 of 24 Posts