Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently got my 1025tlb....before I bought it I started a lawn reno in a small area about 2500 square feet. I rented a sod cutter and was loading it in a wheel barrel....after about 40 wheel barrels I was hurtin lol. I did finish it up with the 1025 and spread the 6 yards of top soil.
I plan to do a much bigger lawn reno in the fall(Prolly around 10000 sf). What are the best implements to handle this. I do have real easy soil...kinda sandy. I want to get rid of the old weeds spread top soil grade and seed. I was thinking a tiller might work good to grind up all the soil then I can spread top soil. I was using the bucket to grade and it worked ok but it's not the best thing. Any help would be appreciated.
This is probably in the wrong forum I just saw the land ownership forum. With a very similar thread.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I recently got my 1025tlb....before I bought it I started a lawn reno in a small area about 2500 square feet. I rented a sod cutter and was loading it in a wheel barrel....after about 40 wheel barrels I was hurtin lol. I did finish it up with the 1025 and spread the 6 yards of top soil.
I plan to do a much bigger lawn reno in the fall(Prolly around 10000 sf). What are the best implements to handle this. I do have real easy soil...kinda sandy. I want to get rid of the old weeds spread top soil grade and seed. I was thinking a tiller might work good to grind up all the soil then I can spread top soil. I was using the bucket to grade and it worked ok but it's not the best thing. Any help would be appreciated.
This is probably in the wrong forum I just saw the land ownership forum. With a very similar thread.
Your best bet is a tiller.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts