Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this 38"x24" lawn roller on Craigslist for $100. The seller says their is nothing wrong with. He says it does not leak water if the cap is on tight. It is 2 hours away from me. He is willing to meet me half way. So it puts me in a situation that I will have to buy it without seeing it in first. It has been for sale on Craigslist for 2 months.Do you think it is worth the trip?

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get one that weighs 2,500+ pounds, the little ones don't work very well.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I really don't want to spend to much on one if I'm going to use it a few times. I like it because of the steel drum. I heard the plastic drums will warp if you leave water in them to long.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I really don't want to spend to much on one if I'm going to use it a few times. I like it because of the steel drum. I heard the plastic drums will warp if you leave water in them to long.
Probably if you fill them with water and let it freeze solid. I would think that the metal ones would also have a problem.
If you are only using it a few times a year. Draining it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,263 Posts
Looks like it would work just fine. :bigthumb:
If it leaks, get a new stopper.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I found this 38"x24" lawn roller on Craigslist for $100. The seller says their is nothing wrong with. He says it does not leak water if the cap is on tight. It is 2 hours away from me. He is willing to meet me half way. So it puts me in a situation that I will have to buy it without seeing it in first. It has been for sale on Craigslist for 2 months.Do you think it is worth the trip?

The main part that I would be worried about is where the drum is connected to the frame. What kind of connection is it? Like bearings or bushings and does it have a grease fitting?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The main part that I would be worried about is where the drum is connected to the frame. What kind of connection is it? Like bearings or bushings and does it have a grease fitting?
I picked it up today. It was home made out of heavy steel. The drum is connected by pillow block bearings with grease fittings. I wish it was bigger and heavier. But it is well made. The seller said he had it for 10 years but didn't know when it was made. There is some Steel patches welded on the drum. Maybe to repair leaks but it does not leak now.

·
Premium Member
12,131 Posts
Pulling it with my x738 while mowing
You will have no problems at all. I pull one of the 920 lb. Ohio Steel units with my X500 and our lawn is very hilly. I do have to use the diff lock in several places.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts