1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
36 Posts
I try to mow that way Randy, it looks nice, but now I'm glad to have a guide. Especially when it comes to striping around the trees! Thanks for posting the link!

·
Registered
280 Posts
i have that kit for my x320, i dont think it works very good, its the brush type though

·
Corndog Hater
11,278 Posts
Thanks for the link Randy! The best I can do is following the patterns with the power flow bagger on my JD 185. It's not bad, but we have a yard, not a lawn and no striping rollers or brushes.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I don't have the stripe kit, but I mow in that pattern. The stripes aren't as dark as they are in that picture, but still very noticeable. I use to get better stripes than those pictures with my old Simplicity and it's full length deck rollers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I try to mow that way...even with my humble push mower. Once I became conscience of the ability to stripe the lawn, I use it to help pass the time and foster my creative side. It is amazing how much "memory" your grass can get if you always mow it the same way and direction.

The deck design of the Walker-brand mower that we have at work is very easy to use to stripe. No additional kit is needed.

·
Registered
914 Posts
We do this everytime we mow as we have a Simplicity Broodmoor with full deck rollers. As Erik stated before, the Simplicity makes some beautiful stripes. I would say that every 3rd or 4th mowing I go the opposite to cut the grass from the other direction.

lost

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
True, with just normal mowing you can get a pattern, I guess I just can't see the expense of the kit as Brian stated. Not to mention something else to maintain. Now, the real trick is keeping the rows straight. :tongue: I do tend to pattern mow though. :fed:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Striping without Kit

Here is what I get when mowing without a kit, just normal mower. What do ya think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,340 Posts
It looks A-OK to me Randy. That's quite a lawn and shop building you have. It would cost you and arm & a leg, and your first born child in irrigation $$$$$ to have that much lawn where I live.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It looks A-OK to me Randy. That's quite a lawn and shop building you have. It would cost you and arm & a leg, and your first born child in irrigation $$$$$ to have that much lawn where I live.
:laugh: 2.8 acres, and when it gets dry, just less mowing.

·
Corndog Hater
11,278 Posts
That looks terrific to me. Thanks for the pics Randy. The one of the two Deeres parked out front is real nice.:good2:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
914 Posts
Sorry it took so long to post but with our lack of abundant rainfall, mowing has been limited around here. These are a few pics I took this evening after mowing with our Simplicity Broadmoor. The rollers are standard on the deck with the Broadmoor. I follow the same "pattern" except on about the 4th mow, I go just the opposite to 'attack' the grass from the other direction.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very nice. :thumbup1gif: Takes a little concentration to keep 'em straight. You are right, the east coast has been getting all of our rain. Looks like you have a very cozy place there LIW.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts