Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using the entry model Cyclone Rake and decided today that I need to upgrade to one that

1. requires less trips to the curb

2. has a large enough hoses to not get clogged by twigs and moist grass

3. Better more powerful motor

4. has a better deck adapter setup

They currently have a Z10 model that fits the bill that is currently offered at a 150.00 discount, but there has to be others. Any suggestions for an upgrade to marry up to the 1025r?
Thanks
Lou

Reactions: TJR345 and BigJim55

·
Registered
2,113 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
If you are actually going to the curb and have to bag them, the John Deere 3-Bag MCS maybe a better choice.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I've been using the entry model Cyclone Rake and decided today that I need to upgrade to one that

1. requires less trips to the curb

2. has a large enough hoses to not get clogged by twigs and moist grass

3. Better more powerful motor

4. has a better deck adapter setup

They currently have a Z10 model that fits the bill that is currently offered at a 150.00 discount, but there has to be others. Any suggestions for an upgrade to marry up to the 1025r?
Thanks
Lou
I have the XL model for my LA135, and it works quite well. It holds a LOT of material. It is 8HP, I think the z10 is 10HP. Whatever you get, I would recommend the XL at a minimum. My buddy just bought one of the smaller ones, and it is a LOT smaller.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Home made job PF and 18 cart withe box on top.Works great.Use it on both tractors.

Attachments

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have the Z10 attached to my 1025r. This is my second season with it. It does a great job. It has the 10" hose, which hasn't clogged on me yet. It hold 415 gallons, which I believe is just over double what you have now, so that should cut your trips in half. I definitely recommend you get the double wheel option.

For further info on the Z10, you can read the write up I did last year here:
http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/implements-attachments/80090-review-cyclone-rake-z-10-1025r-leaf-collection.html#post1191818

1 - 6 of 6 Posts