Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Nice, I've thought about getting one myself because I am old and lazy. But here's what I use.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I guess I'm getting old or lazy, probably both. I purchased this yesterday
View attachment 790336
LarinLawnmower Lift & Farm Jack
Blain # 819221 | Mfr # LMLF-750
It's rated @ 750 lbs. Should be plenty for my X590
Just be careful. X590 weighs 654# without a deck. I realize that you're only lifting 2 wheels at a time but I'd still use stands under it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
great purchase.....I have had the MoJack unit for 1-year and use it weekly. It makes changing blades and cleaning the underside of the deck much easier. Mine has a built-in safety lock that engages automatically at 3- different lift heights. You still need to make sure everything is stable and adding a jack stand as a safety is a good idea just in case something unexpected happens.

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
I bought the bigger of the two Harbor freight sells, branded Fisher. It lifts my x485 with ease.
Release the transmission so the rear wheels will roll as you go up and then as you go down.
The safety locks are manual on mine, so I double check they are engaged.
DSCN7781 (1).JPG
DSCN7788.JPG

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,796 Posts
I don't care what capacity the jack is, I'd be using jack stands if I was going under there. Same as any vehicle you're working under. Even a 500 lb lawn mower can do some damage when it falls on you.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,796 Posts
Where are you going to put the stands with the jack in the way ? Kevin.
If nothing else put them under the lift arms... anything to support it if the jack leaks down or fails.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I bought the plastic ramps from HF, back it up them then lift the front for jack stands to level, gets everything high enough and I can get my impact under the deck. Got to use the plastic ones, the steel slid on concreate.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I bought the plastic ramps from HF, back it up them then lift the front for jack stands to level, gets everything high enough and I can get my impact under the deck. Got to use the plastic ones, the steel slid on concreate.
Ok your backing the rear tires up the HF plastic ramp, but how are you lifting the front on to the jack stands?

·
Premium Member
17,401 Posts
If nothing else put them under the lift arms... anything to support it if the jack leaks down or fails.
Agree, I like what I seen with VANS posting with straps around the tires and a pin to help keep the lift from dropping down.

Several years ago a 2nd cousin had used some type lift to raise his rider so he could clean his mower deck. They found him a couple hours later, pinned under the deck . He taught shop in HS, knew how to use tools grew up on a farm. Died way to young , he was in his early 50's.

Just remember , what goes UP will come DOWN. If it doesn't look safe to you , it probably isn't.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,796 Posts
Agree, I like what I seen with VANS posting with straps around the tires and a pin to help keep the lift from dropping down.
The thing that worries me is all the weight is being held by what appears to be a single 1/2" pin in the bottom leg. Things might be OK at rest but what happens when you start applying more pressure and movement while working under there? Also, I think the rear crossbar is supposed to be on the ground to help stabilize it side to side.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just pointing out a minor difference.....My MoJack model 550 lift has the weight from the lift projecting out in front leaving the entire under deck area clear. As I scrape the deck or change blades, I do not have to work on top of that T-Bar most lifts have. I'm sure each model has some advantages and disadvantages..Just my
1.jpg
2-cents for the day.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
41,302 Posts
Just pointing out a minor difference.....My MoJack model 550 lift has the weight from the lift projecting out in front leaving the entire under deck area clear. As I scrape the deck or change blades, I do not have to work on top of that T-Bar most lifts have. I'm sure each model has some advantages and disadvantages..Just my 2-cents for the day.
Ok, so I'll add my 2-cents also.
Using the MoJack 550 I need to turn the front caster wheels of our Z915B (as in going backwards) or the support arm of the MoJack hits the front mower deck gauge wheels.

Reactions: mark02tj

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
I too have a MoJack for the lawn mowers X300 and LT133. Seems to work great. The X585 is too much for it so need to use the loader on the 5320 if it comes down to it. I also use some of the Rhino 12000 lb GVW drive up ramps that work well also. I use these a lot with the X585 and the 1025R.

Reactions: Gizmo2
1 - 20 of 27 Posts