Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am helping my sister with leaves this year and cannot get my trac-vac in her yard. She raked all the leaves onto the driveway but they are so deep I would just push them around with my mower deck. So I built a hood that I can set on the ground and rake the leaves into it, got the idea from a dust collection hood I bought some years ago. I will let you know if it works, maybe try and get a video.

Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
At first the plan was to leave the hood on the ground and move it around, well it sucked them up so fast that i decided to attach it to the tractor and drive along as she swept the leaves in.

It took about 10 mins to fill the Trac Vac up, it worked very well. Let me know if anyone wants the dimensions of the hood.

Nick

https://youtu.be/3ZwE1dMt2HQ

https://youtu.be/4gkktUwlK-g

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
That sucks.....I mean works great.I wonder if you had it at a 45 degree angle you could just drive it along without raking it.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
Great way to collect leaves! Your sister bake you dinner? :bigthumb:

·
Registered
927 Posts
That is a pretty good idea, how heavy is it?
I do the same thing, minus the hood, when I have piles of leaves to clean up. Just unhook the hose from the mower deck, fire up the Cyclone Rake, and suck away while raking the pile into the hose. If there are 2 of us, I put a bungee strap on the hose and hold it up a bit while driving forward, and my buddy rakes the leaves to the hose.
I also have the 18' hose which I can walk around, but that gets a bit heavy. Works awesome when you have a big pile, and no need to rake.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a pretty good idea, how heavy is it?
I do the same thing, minus the hood, when I have piles of leaves to clean up. Just unhook the hose from the mower deck, fire up the Cyclone Rake, and suck away while raking the pile into the hose. If there are 2 of us, I put a bungee strap on the hose and hold it up a bit while driving forward, and my buddy rakes the leaves to the hose.
I also have the 18' hose which I can walk around, but that gets a bit heavy. Works awesome when you have a big pile, and no need to rake.
I would say 2-3 pounds, it's made out of 26 gauge sheet metal. it's 10x10 with the 8" hose, then it flares out to 16 tall x 24 wide. When I was building it I wasn't thinking about attaching it to the tractor, if I did it over I would have turned the bottom lip in so it would slide across the grass better.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great way to collect leaves! Your sister bake you dinner? :bigthumb:
better yet, a gift card to Fleet Farm!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That sucks.....I mean works great.I wonder if you had it at a 45 degree angle you could just drive it along without raking it.
I wonder if I could attach it to a spring loaded (like a arm on a sprayer boom) arm that I attach to my MMM?

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
better yet, a gift card to Fleet Farm!
:bigthumb: That's great! It's nice when family appreciates what you do even if you're having fun doing it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts