Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know whether I should post this here or in attachments.

This is the first year I will be using my 1023E with my DR leaf vac. I set it up the other day and I really like it much better than when I used it on my X500. The one complaint I have is leaf blowout at the front right side. As long as I always go in the same direction I can control the path of blowout, but that is annoying. From reading other posts it appears that other decks have Leaf Blowout kits, but from what I have read they don't make one for the 54D. There is one for the 54C (BM20985).

Has anyone tried to use this kit or have you come up with other solutions?

Thanks

Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Personally, I don't put much faith in that "kit" keeping leaves from blowing out. I have a similar business on my 48C deck and what happens is the space above the plate fills up and the leaves simply blow out as before under it. On my 54D there is nothing on the front and I get more blowout simply because the blades spin faster than the 48.

I did try a PVC pipe bolted under the front lip of the 48... It did keep in what leaves got by under it but many fewer leaves got in there so they built up worse in front of the deck. The actual answer to any JD deck is to do all mowing and leaf mulching IN REVERSE. The way the decks are designed and baffled they actually cut and mulch better going backwards.

I know I didn't help with your problem, I just wanted to brag on my leaf experiments.:laugh:

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I'm in the process of installing a JD powerflow on one of my 54D as I write this. It included a rear baffle that is installed on the right side of the deck. I'll scan the installation manual later this evening and post it for your reference.

Reactions: HydroHarold

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Here's the Power Flow Installation Manual. It states it is for a "C" series, but they utilize the same kit on the "D" series and supplement it with another kit that has a different Power Flow belt guard.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts