Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Guys, after its first use I am not happy with the results of my vacuum set up. The motor is mounted on the trailer via a pivot point. This geometry is causing all kinds of problems. The pivot is located behind the hitch pin so when the trailer swings from one side to the other there is a considerable offset. This in turn pulls and pushes on the hose between the deck and the blower by twice the amount of the offset. Needless to say the the hose does not want to stay attached to the deck. As well as accumulates bunching in the other direction. Well, back to the "fab shop" so to speak. The attached pictures are of the current set up. I know how to solve the issue, hoping to work it out over Thanksgiving weekend. Will keep you posted.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I was busy over the holiday. Here is are the results. Next season will be the test. I was able to incorporate the 3pt :thumbup1gif:. I also made a storage bracket built right in.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Looks good - does it work better?

How do you like the 2305 vs., 2520?

I have to ask - what all do you have under the car covers?

D.

·
Registered
430 Posts
That should work much better Randy, there should be alot less movement in the top hose than the lower suction hose setup you started out with.

Let us know how it works out.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good - does it work better?
Really won't know until next fall now.

How do you like the 2305 vs., 2520?
They really are different machines. Each has its own +++++ and -----. The 2305 is definately more agile and manuverable. The 2520 has the weight and power to do the heavy stuff. I luv them both, good machines. All my attachments swap machines except the MMM decks.

I have to ask - what all do you have under the car covers?
Well, I am a Corvette and Camaro person, like Dave a chevy man.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Big success!

This mod was the answer. Working GREAT guys. :good2: Sometimes I get lucky.

·
Registered
732 Posts
may i ask where you got the part that attaches to the mower deck? I went from an x300 with bagger chute, to a 1026r and now need to find a new way to attach to the vacuum to the deck. DR does make a universal adaptor, but looking for a more oem route if there is one. Any up close pictures handy?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Failure is always an option; but so is success. :good2:

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
may i ask where you got the part that attaches to the mower deck? I went from an x300 with bagger chute, to a 1026r and now need to find a new way to attach to the vacuum to the deck. DR does make a universal adaptor, but looking for a more oem route if there is one. Any up close pictures handy?

Thanks
Hi Sawdust,
I don't think I have the answer you're looking for. The deck adaptor is part of the Peco kit that came with the unit. It is cast aluminum and I did heavy modifications to get it to fit. And then I powder coated it with JD yellow. Now if you are still interested I can certaninly get you photos of it and my handy work.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Discharge Chute

Got you a pic of the discharge chute. The upper plate is just bolted to the chute and bolts to the deck. The front wing and the mounting bracket are welded on. I modified it so that all mounting is done from the top. I do not like working on the floor. :thumbup1gif:

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Got you a pic of the discharge chute. The upper plate is just bolted to the chute and bolts to the deck. The front wing and the mounting bracket are welded on. I modified it so that all mounting is done from the top. I do not like working on the floor. :thumbup1gif:
Great pictures Randy Thanks. Definitely not something i can make. Looks like I will be going with their universal plastic boot. :thumbup1gif:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts