Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2025r (2014)
It has a leak at the fitting/connection coupling .. Located on the right , visible and under the deck

I've been using it for over a year, and now that it's mine, I want that leak stopped ..
Any hints or ideas .
This is my first tractor.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Carbide, there are MANY fittings on a 2025! Wipe area clean, run until it leaks, and try to post a pic of exactly where it leaks. Bob

Reactions: Gizmo2 and Carbide

·
Administrator
20,314 Posts
Is this the quick coupler fo rte loader?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Carbide, there are MANY fittings on a 2025! Wipe area clean, run until it leaks, and try to post a pic of exactly where it leaks. Bob
I just bought a 2025r (2014)
It has a leak at the fitting/connection coupling .. Located on the right , visible and under the deck

I've been using it for over a year, and now that it's mine, I want that leak stopped ..
Any hints or ideas .
This is my first tractor.
Here's the leak location ... It's at the fitting. Thank you !
1618436373785.png

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure if it uploaded ..
I did upload a picture .. Learning how to navigate through this great forum !

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
I’d take it apart and clean it first.

If it’s clean and it still leaks you have 2 options, fiddle farting to replace an o-ring or replacing the coupler for $30 or less.

Checking cleanliness is still step 1

I was successful cleaning 2 of 4 on my 755 project, the other 2 I replaced.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’d take it apart and clean it first.

If it’s clean and it still leaks you have 2 options, fiddle farting to replace an o-ring or replacing the coupler for $30 or less.

Checking cleanliness is still step 1

I was successful cleaning 2 of 4 on my 755 project, the other 2 I replaced.
Thank you I will definitely try cleaning it first!

·
Administrator
20,314 Posts
See if this helps:

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
As they normally are, Kennyd's post is right on! The key words in Kennyd's post are connected and disconnected. Your pic shows connected, so we'll go with that!
Go with ryd's comment about cleaning first and if that doesn't work, spend $3 for 2 new o-rings and about $5 for o-ring picks at Harbor Freight, THEN!! Inspect male plug looking for any longitudinal scratches/grooves...longitudinal meaning starting near open end and going towards the hose end. If scratched/grooved or nicked, replace male end. Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts