Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't have any idea what these fittings are, both have started leaking almost simultaneously within the last hour or so. Noticed a puddle on the floor when I went to take backhoe off. Seems to be leaking where the fitting goes into the block

Green Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Automotive tire

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Took them out, seemed to house a valve and had a brass oring. Wonder if they vibrated loose. Tightened them one more snug of the wrist. Will see what happens.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Administrator
22,955 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,519 Posts
You might want to check your hydraulic pressure. If for some reason the main PRV is malfunctioning these BH PRV's may be unloading excessive main hydraulic pressure.

• Helpful
Reactions: Gizmo2 and justaguy

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might want to check your hydraulic pressure. If for some reason the main PRV is malfunctioning these BH PRV's may be unloading excessive main hydraulic pressure.
I have my system pressure at the upper end of spec, about 2900. Even if these prvs were activating, I'd assume they would not release hydraulic fluid correct? They appeared to be seeping from where the prv threads into the valve block housing. Either way good call, I will throw the Guage on tomorrow to make sure nothing has gone out of whack.

·
Super Moderator
10,519 Posts
It might also be a good idea to check the BH return line for kinks or a restriction at the quick connect. Maybe it's not fully seated or possibly a restriction in the poppet? Loose BH PRV's or defective o-ring seals?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts