Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found one of my hydraulic hoses was leaking at the connector all winter in storage. What's the fix? Do I need to replace the connector or can I just clean it somehow. Also, once repaired, do I need to bleed the lines out or will the pump replenish the missing fluid?

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Can you tell us which connecter? Is it one of the quick disconnects or another connecter, i.e. valve to line?. What ever it is you will not need to do anything special to bleed the air out.

·
Administrator
18,010 Posts
Its odd that the male side is leaking, usually its the female side that likes to start tinkling. The ones I have are NPT threaded, whereas the JD ones are ORB threaded so you'd be better to got to JD. If you need a part number lemme know...

Still under warranty by chance?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is under warranty. Is it covered?

Sent from the john using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,010 Posts
It is under warranty. Is it covered?
Darn right it should be! They might give you the excuse that the loader (or other "attachments") only have a one year warranty, while I believe the tractor is 2 years.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll giver a try. Thanks Kenny

Sent from the john using Tapatalk

·
Registered
892 Posts
If it's the quick connector, that's part of the 'tractor' though. ;).

Oddly, mine just started leaking too.

Jim

·
Administrator
18,010 Posts
If it's the quick connector, that's part of the 'tractor' though. ;).

Oddly, mine just started leaking too.

Jim
Jim, the pic he posted was of the loader, and he also wrote "one of my hydraulic hoses was leaking".

·
Administrator
18,010 Posts
Also, once repaired, do I need to bleed the lines out or will the pump replenish the missing fluid?
I forgot to answer this: No "bleeding" is needed, just cycle the FEL a few times and the air will work its way out. Add fluid as needed, but I bet the amount lost will hardly show on the dipstick or in the site glass.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Been a long day. Mines under warranty though, on tractor end. ;)

·
Administrator
20,732 Posts
Make sure the poppet in the very end of the QD is seated correctly. Could be something very minor not allowing it to seat fully. It's a very small possibility, but it's worth the few seconds to check.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts