Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1025R and when I disconnect the front and loader sometimes it leaks hydraulic fluid from the end of a hydraulic lines on the FEL, not on the tractor. This doesn’t happen all the time just sometimes. Before I disconnect I do cycle the joystick up down left right to relieve the pressure. Is this a function of dirt or something in that end of the line?

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Does it leak constantly right away or does it just weep a bit over time and make a mess?

My loader hoses usually don't leak much when first disconnected but then will weep over time. This normally happens when the loader is disconnected over the winter months. I have resorted to placing a sandwich bag over the couplers and securing with a rubber band. That way any leakage is contained in the bag.

It has been this way the entire 8 years I have owned the tractor and loader.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Yeah, leaking over time. But not every time.

d
I'm going to go on record and say that it is pretty much normal. It seems when temperatures rise above what they were when the implement was disconnected, fluid can seep out of the male couplers. This happens not only on my loader but also on my hydraulic top-link and hydraulic rear blade when those hoses are disconnected.

Like mentioned earlier, I now put a little baggy over the couplers when storing the cylinders for any length of time.

Reactions: Kennyd
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.