Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After recently re-attaching my front loader, I had a leak at one of the quick connects. I've been using this style of quick-connect for almost 30 years and never had one leak like this. I disconnected it and reconnected it with no effect. I always clean the male connector before inserting it, and I cleaned this one again for good measure. No luck. Still a steady leak.

I was trying to look into the female connector, but struggling to get my head between the connectors and the FEL pedestal. Not enough room. So I used a mirror and a flashlight, but could see nothing out of place. As a last resort, I took a cotton swap and swept it around the inside of the female connector. It was so small I almost didn't see it, but there was a hair-like blade of grass, only about an eighth of an inch long, on the cotton swab. I wasn't convinced that something this small could cause a leak like this, but I reconnected everything and the leak is gone.

I learned that it doesn't take much contamination at all to create a pretty serious leak on a quick-connect. I hope this helps someone else with a similar problem.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Yup!

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
751 Posts
The o-rings inside are also replaceable.

Reactions: keane

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Replace qc o-rings

Could you please tell me how to go about this in case the need arises?

·
Premium Member
16,940 Posts
I don't see anything on the JD parts illustration, only the quick coupler. Is there a P/N available? I assume these would be the same for the 1-series and 2-series mid-SCVs.

Does anyone have any photos or instructions for how to replace them once the new O-rings are in hand?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Yup!!

It doesn't take much. Most times, you will never see or find the culprit. Half the time, the things will be balky about connecting.

Plain old Ether, starting fluid, is about the best stuff ever invented. It's high volume, and high pressure, so it blasts out the crud, drys quick, and leaves a bit of oil behind, to keep from drying things out....and it's CHEAP!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.