Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,894 Posts
Not that it helps, but JD part shows the internal parts for the larger Multi-coupler/Singlepoint coupler that uses size 08 fittings.
640coupler.JPG

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Wish I could find them for mine. Pretty sure these are 04's (1/4").

Seems silly to exchange the whole kit for a leaky seal. Maybe GPS can find them...

·
Premium Member
15,531 Posts
Wish I could find them for mine. Pretty sure these are 04's (1/4").

Seems silly to exchange the whole kit for a leaky seal. Maybe GPS can find them...
Agree. I mean, what about the next time it leaks or you need some other component and you are beyond any implied warranty period? Do they expect you to purchase an entire new kit just because you need a $20 part?

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Agree. I mean, what about the next time it leaks or you need some other component and you are beyond any implied warranty period? Do they expect you to purchase an entire new kit just because you need a $20 part?
The SPHC had been available for the 1025R/ 2025R for at least a year now. You'd think Deere would have repair parts available by now...

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Heard back from GPS a bit ago. They're waiting to hear from Deere.

The interesting thing was he told me they have a few others with the same issue so they realize it's a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Heard back from GPS a bit ago. They're waiting to hear from Deere.

The interesting thing was he told me they have a few others with the same issue so they realize it's a problem.
Oh crap , that's not good....Although that is a responsible response not usually given...The response we usually hear (Even tho it may be the 10K issue) "Oh no you're the first one, this has never happened before"

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hopefully Deere can isolate the issue and offer a free remedy to any customers with the SPHC.
Thinking about it, I'm guessing they got a bad batch of seals or couplers and will need to replace them. Whether that's parts or a complete new kit doesn't matter to me as I just want it fixed. As of now I can't use my 1025R unless I remove the SPHC hoses and reinstall the original hoses.

·
Premium Member
8,894 Posts
The SPHC had been available for the 1025R/ 2025R for at least a year now. You'd think Deere would have repair parts available by now...
Probably have to get the repair parts from Faster in the future. One of my single points came with a Faster book. I just have to find it :mad: :cry:

Reactions: chex313 and MattL

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Just heard from GPS via telephone. Talk about customer service!

Anyway, they confirmed with Deere a problem with certain lot #'s. He wasn't sure if it's the seals or the couplers themselves but what Deere is doing is sending them an upper and lower manifold. I have to remove mine, pack them up, and send them back with a prepaid shipping label GPS will provide. When they receive them, they will ship the new parts via expedited service. They gave me the option of paying for the new parts and then being credited after receipt of the old, but since they don't have the parts yet, it likely wouldn't save any time. I'm OK with waiting what should only be a week or so.

I'm truly impressed with the responsiveness from Green Part Store. The gentleman that called was very thorough in his explanation of the problem and how they would handle it. He also mentioned that he has 3 other cases with the same issue and that Deere acknowledged many more from other dealers.

An interesting note was that he said Deere said the best course of action when using the SPHC is to shutdown and relieve pressure before connecting/disconnecting. Deere said they'll be updating the installation directions with that info.

Again, fantastic customer service! I really couldn't ask for more. Hopefully by the end of next week I'll have a functioning SPHC.

And I can say I won't hesitate to buy from GPS again. In fact, I hope to be a customer for life!

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Probably have to get the repair parts from Faster in the future. One of my single points came with a Faster book. I just have to find it :mad: :cry:
The gentleman from GPS also said Deere will be adding replacement parts sometime in the future.

·
Premium Member
1025R, '30 Ford, '08 Range Rover Supercharged, '63 MGB, '92 300ZX twin turbo, '73 Courier 2.3 turbo
437 Posts
I'll try to do that later today - after my MGB valves and timing adjustments, followed by carburetor balancing. I'm better at that than computer work...
OK. The Faster manual that came with my single point system is "too large for the server to process", so I can't to attach here as a PDF.
The gentleman from GPS also said Deere will be adding replacement parts sometime in the future.
Go to this link to see how it's put together. Faster : MultiFaster instructions
Here's a spare parts list.The key to the list is 4 pages long and I can't attach them. because "the attachment is too large for the server to process". I can email them to you. Send your email via PM.
FASTER Spare Parts.jpg
Attached is the page with spare parts lists.

·
Premium Member
1025R, '30 Ford, '08 Range Rover Supercharged, '63 MGB, '92 300ZX twin turbo, '73 Courier 2.3 turbo
437 Posts
Just heard from GPS via telephone. Talk about customer service!

Anyway, they confirmed with Deere a problem with certain lot #'s. He wasn't sure if it's the seals or the couplers themselves but what Deere is doing is sending them an upper and lower manifold. I have to remove mine, pack them up, and send them back with a prepaid shipping label GPS will provide. When they receive them, they will ship the new parts via expedited service. They gave me the option of paying for the new parts and then being credited after receipt of the old, but since they don't have the parts yet, it likely wouldn't save any time. I'm OK with waiting what should only be a week or so.

I'm truly impressed with the responsiveness from Green Part Store. The gentleman that called was very thorough in his explanation of the problem and how they would handle it. He also mentioned that he has 3 other cases with the same issue and that Deere acknowledged many more from other dealers.

An interesting note was that he said Deere said the best course of action when using the SPHC is to shutdown and relieve pressure before connecting/disconnecting. Deere said they'll be updating the installation directions with that info.

Again, fantastic customer service! I really couldn't ask for more. Hopefully by the end of next week I'll have a functioning SPHC.

And I can say I won't hesitate to buy from GPS again. In fact, I hope to be a customer for life!
You said, "An interesting note was that he (GPS) said Deere said the best course of action when using the SPHC is to shutdown and relieve pressure before connecting/disconnecting. Deere said they'll be updating the installation directions with that info."

Hmmm. I've been using mine since 6 FEB 2020 and seldom go 2 days in row without operating this coupling at least twice a day - always with engine running (system under pressure at engine idle) and I've had no problems at all.
It was designed for this: Page 31 of the Faster manual says, "MULTIFASTER system is suitable for connection and disconnection under pressutre. For safety reasons, it is always advisable to decrease internal pressure before operation." That's why I always reduce to idle before connecting or disconnecting.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
You said, "An interesting note was that he (GPS) said Deere said the best course of action when using the SPHC is to shutdown and relieve pressure before connecting/disconnecting. Deere said they'll be updating the installation directions with that info."

Hmmm. I've been using mine since 6 FEB 2020 and seldom go 2 days in row without operating this coupling at least twice a day - always with engine running (system under pressure at engine idle) and I've had no problems at all.
It was designed for this: Page 31 of the Faster manual says, "MULTIFASTER system is suitable for connection and disconnection under pressutre. For safety reasons, it is always advisable to decrease internal pressure before operation." That's why I always reduce to idle before connecting or disconnecting.
That's what he told me. Mentioned something about the install instructions saying to refer to the loader manual for connect/disconnect. Who knows? And while it's made by Faster, it's likely built to Deere specs. Since their name is on the box, they get to make the rules.

In reality, it sounds like a batch of bad parts, be it couplers or seals.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Glad to hear everything worked out for you Mark. Agreed, GPS has great customer service. When I had issues with mine the first time they were very respectful & helpful to the situation I had. I am also a customer for life.

·
Registered
168 Posts
In reality, it sounds like a batch of bad parts, be it couplers or seals.
Thanks for the thorough update, Mark!

I ordered the SPHC as part of my 1025R order. The 1025R is scheduled to be at the dealer within a couple weeks.

I'm wondering if there's any way to identify the specific lot numbers affected or if I just have to wait for an issue present itself?

Keep us updated as you move along!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Not sure about any other one but my 6 port that has JD name on it is no different from the regular Faster. I have a top half that just has the Faster name on it. I don't think JD does anything different with these connectors. Pretty hard to change it and if they did that might be why these are failing.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Removed the 2 manifolds today and packed them for shipment back to GPS. I didn't think to take any pictures but they are marked "Faster" and had what looked like a part number and maybe a lot/date code.

One problem cropped up during disassembly. The 4 hoses going from the tractor-side manifold to the floor ports each have a cloth sheath on them and they're saturated with hydraulic fluid. I wiped them several times with rags to try and soak up as much as I could but they're still wet.

Is there any way to clean them? Maybe carefully dip them in a bucket of sudsy water with Dawn dish soap and then rinsing them in clean water (making sure not to get water inside the hoses)? Or should I just not worry about it and rub them down a few more times? My concern is that they be magnets for dirt and debris, even inside the larger hose protector.

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,298 Posts
Hey @MarkEagleUSA - If you're concerned about the fluid on the protection sleeves (The Eagle is.... still shiny) I'd use a 5 gallon bucket full of water and dawn... and dip the hoses in up to the fittings, so as not to submerge them, then rinse in the same way. Option 2- A wet rag with dawn... and wipe it down, then clean with fresh water. Rubber bands and small zip lock bags to cover the fittings might help avoid the possibility of water contamination.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hey @MarkEagleUSA - If you're concerned about the fluid on the protection sleeves (The Eagle is.... still shiny) I'd use a 5 gallon bucket full of water and dawn... and dip the hoses in up to the fittings, so as not to submerge them, then rinse in the same way. Option 2- A wet rag with dawn... and wipe it down, then clean with fresh water. Rubber bands and small zip lock bags to cover the fittings might help avoid the possibility of water contamination.
Pretty much my thought process. Even thought of using the baggies and rubber bands and then pressure washing as a rinse.

21 - 40 of 105 Posts