Green Tractor Talk banner
61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,569 Posts
I ordered a SPC Friday, June 4th. Its status for shopping to my dealer is "scheduled" and hasn't changed for a week. Per my sales rep this type of part is normally shipped in a day or two. I'm guessing that Deere is working to resolve the problems before shipping any new ones out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I ordered a SPC Friday, June 4th. Its status for shopping to my dealer is "scheduled" and hasn't changed for a week. Per my sales rep this type of part is normally shipped in a day or two. I'm guessing that Deere is working to resolve the problems before shipping any new ones out.
Very interesting.

I'm wondering how widespread this issue really is.

·
Premium Member
8,999 Posts
I wonder if it's due to the small fitting size. Some posted it's 1/4" or 04. I've not had any problems with may larger 1/2"/08 size single point couplers. Knock on wood. (y) :whistle::rolleyes::rolleyes::):)

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
If GPS is saying it's not fixable, that information is likely being funneled down from Deere directly.
My understanding after my conversation with GPS last week is that there are currently no repair parts available, but Deere is working to rectify that. I've seen individual components for some of their other SP's but they were using larger couplers.

This morning I sent an email to Faster to see what they have to say. I'll buy a pack of seals in a heartbeat as long as I never have to disassemble that manifold again! Not complicated, just a lot to disconnect.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Very interesting.

I'm wondering how widespread this issue really is.
Well, GPS had 3 issues pending and said Deere knew of more.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I wonder if it's due to the small fitting size. Some posted it's 1/4" or 04. I've not had any problems with may larger 1/2"/08 size single point couplers. Knock on wood. (y) :whistle::rolleyes::rolleyes::):)
That's my guess... being such a small seal maybe it can't handle the pressure during connect/disconnect. That's probably why the gentleman reminded me that it's always best to shutdown and wiggle the joystick before touching the SPHC.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I'm guessing that Deere is working to resolve the problems before shipping any new ones out.
I would hope so.

·
Premium Member
15,745 Posts
Let's hope so. Unfortunately JD sometimes moves a bit slow and has a habit of treating a lot of known issues like it's "just you" and they are only hearing it for the first time.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Well, after reading all this I sure hope I didn't purchase a problem for the second time. I'm really not to enthusiastic on going through that process again. I've only disconnected a couple times since I put it on & so far so good. But like you said @MarkEagleUSA I'm just gonna shut it down & relieve the pressure before taking it off. Hopefully that'll save the life of it.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
As best as I can tell the p/n for the seals is SK MF 14 and they come in a 10-pak. Can't seem to locate any in the US but have sent an inquiry to Faster USA in Ohio.

Not sure, and by no means do I know hydraulics, but these Faster couplers seem very similar to the "flat face" style couplers. Maybe there's seal for those that may work?

Another interesting thing I came across on the Faster site is that they claim their MultiFaster can only handle "residual pressure" which I take to mean no connect/disconnect under pressure.

Thinking back on my situation I think at some point just before mine started leaking I may have inadvertently unlocked the bail which might have caused it to separate under pressure just slightly.

My best advice for now is to shut down and relieve pressure first.

·
Registered
61 Posts
About the part that says relieve all pressure before disconnecting - The point where you disconnect the single-point coupler, the mechanical connection of the fel to the tractor is already broken. So when I started to relieve the pressure by wiggling the control stick in all four directions, the fel started to sink down to the floor, below the point where it could reconnect to the tractor. That means that if I relieve the pressure after disconnecting the mechanical parts, in order to reconnect later, I’m going to have to get out the floor jack and jack up the legs on the fel. This just doesn’t make sense, or I’m missing something.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
The parking stand locks should snap down before powering off and relieving pressure. Are you getting to that point before separating?

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Like Jimmy says as the loader raises off the mounts you have to wait for the locks to snap back. That keeps it from leaking down to where it won't reconnect.

·
Registered
181 Posts
my previous tractor, a kubota bx, had the single point connection and a few hundred hours on it. it was also connected and disconnected under pressure. never a problem. never a leak and it was standard equipment. deere wants us to pay $600 for it and can only be used when the machine is off and not under pressure? they need to figure this out!

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
my previous tractor, a kubota bx, had the single point connection and a few hundred hours on it. it was also connected and disconnected under pressure. never a problem. never a leak and it was standard equipment. deere wants us to pay $600 for it and can only be used when the machine is off and not under pressure? they need to figure this out!
I think this is far from over and I agree that Deere needs to figure it out. At a minimum they need to make the seals available. I'd take the chance of a broken seal as long as I had replacements to keep me going. Replacing the entire manifold set makes no sense to a user nor to Deere.

I figure Deere has a year (the warranty period on the SPHC) and if not rectified by then, they can refund my money. ;)

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Registered
175 Posts
Do we know the production date range of the ones with the bad seals? I got my SPHC when I picked up my 2021 1025R about 2 months ago. Probably connected/disconnected the FEL 25 times by now with no issues.

I have a 3-way Faster on my 2012 5 series (and also a 1-way for the grapple) and never had leaks of any kinds with those, so it really does sound like just a bad batch of seals.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Do we know the production date range of the ones with the bad seals? I got my SPHC when I picked up my 2021 1025R about 2 months ago. Probably connected/disconnected the FEL 25 times by now with no issues.

I have a 3-way Faster on my 2012 5 series (and also a 1-way for the grapple) and never had leaks of any kinds with those, so it really does sound like just a bad batch of seals.
I ordered mine middle of Feb. Received it March...

Got the approval for warranty this morning and shipped off with the return label they sent me. Stopped by my Hydraulic shop before I shipped it and they only needed a couple minutes.

"We do not want to take it apart since your returning it under warranty but yes we can fix and it , it is just a matter of whether we need to press it out or not from the backside to get the seals in".

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
"We do not want to take it apart since your returning it under warranty but yes we can fix and it , it is just a matter of whether we need to press it out or not from the backside to get the seals in".
I believe the upper manifold couplers are threaded in.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
About the part that says relieve all pressure before disconnecting - The point where you disconnect the single-point coupler, the mechanical connection of the fel to the tractor is already broken. So when I started to relieve the pressure by wiggling the control stick in all four directions, the fel started to sink down to the floor, below the point where it could reconnect to the tractor. That means that if I relieve the pressure after disconnecting the mechanical parts, in order to reconnect later, I’m going to have to get out the floor jack and jack up the legs on the fel. This just doesn’t make sense, or I’m missing something.
Yeah I think you are...Once you get the stand down and you are backed off it and unhooked(The latches)...They want you to shut the engine off...At that point wiggle your SCV to get the pressure off and disconnect(The SP).

61 - 80 of 119 Posts