Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone - first off, thanks for all the info here. Gave me the confidence to do my 50 and 100hr services myself.

Working with me FEL the other day i noticed some fluid on the ground below my quick couplers.

A little inspection and its coming from my bottom inside (yellow, if the dealers all put them on the same way) when the line is at high pressure . It appears to be at the threading between line and the coupler (and whether anything is attached to the line or not, so i dont think the quick connect to hose connection is the issue)

I did order a replacement O ring (51M7040 , or part 14 - i think - per this: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=272057&d=1480248854 diagram).

Can anyone point me to documentation (i searched other threads, but didnt see anything specfic) on replacing this? Is it as simple as just taking two wrenches (15mm), loosening, replacing the Oring, and tightening back up? Its tight under there, but i dont think i need to remove the floorboard, right?

Thanks in advance!

(Oh, and i'll add this to my sig later, but 1025r, H120, 60d. did i do it right?)

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Is it on the tractor side or loader side. The quick disconnect just threads on. Does it always leak under pressure. Have you checked to see if it's loose?? If you don't have one I would get a service manual. I have them for all my tractor's.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Hey everyone - first off, thanks for all the info here. Gave me the confidence to do my 50 and 100hr services myself.

Working with me FEL the other day i noticed some fluid on the ground below my quick couplers.

A little inspection and its coming from my bottom inside (yellow, if the dealers all put them on the same way) when the line is at high pressure . It appears to be at the threading between line and the coupler (and whether anything is attached to the line or not, so i dont think the quick connect to hose connection is the issue)

I did order a replacement O ring (51M7040 , or part 14 - i think - per this: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=272057&d=1480248854 diagram).

Can anyone point me to documentation (i searched other threads, but didnt see anything specfic) on replacing this? Is it as simple as just taking two wrenches (15mm), loosening, replacing the Oring, and tightening back up? Its tight under there, but i dont think i need to remove the floorboard, right?

Thanks in advance!

(Oh, and i'll add this to my sig later, but 1025r, H120, 60d. did i do it right?)
If the leak is between the line and coupling, then o-ring 14 is the culprit. I don't understand why this o-ring would be leaking because O-rings, when assembled correctly, usually do not leak. Maybe the coupler is loose which caused the leak. In this case, remove the coupling, replace the o-ring and reinstall. Put some hydraulic oil on the o-ring prior to tightening the coupling.

Prior to removing the coupling, be sure the engine is off, disconnect any hoses connected to the FEL quick connects, jog the SCV in all directions several times to relieve any residual pressure and then remove the coupling. You will get some oil running when it is removed, so put a drain pan under the coupling. Install the new o-ring, oil the o-ring and install the coupling.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,840 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again for the help!

The leak is in the red circle on the attached image, a little drip from the bottom, but a spray from the top (sprayed far enough back that it made me worry i had a bigger problem at first). I could see how it could wiggle loose with my mmm hose being attached to it and getting jostled. I tried to tighten it once,but will verify before I replace the o-ring.

I'll report back once the kids give me a chance to work on it this morning.

tractor.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
:munch::munch::munch: :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
375 Posts
I noticed from the picture you have hydraulic lift for your mower deck. Once you get sick of swapping the hoses, you can reference a few threads on ths site for directions on converting it into an independent hydraulic lift for $350 or so.

:good2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts