Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1023e. Don’t know if I never noticed before or have something going wrong. Standing in front of tractor, the wheel on left side seems to to tilted outward at the top. The one on other side seems to be straight up and down. Do I have something to be concerned about?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,122 Posts
Most small tractors have a bit of positive camber on the front tires. If it only looks like one tire is tilted it may just be the angle you are viewing. With the tractor on a level surface have someone hold a yard stick or level against the sidewall while you sight down each side of the tractor. You should find that both sides have a bit of positive camber.

·
Registered
705 Posts
A pic would be good. Also, have you checked the lug bolts just in case they have loosened up on you?

·
Premium Member
3,808 Posts
If it was me I would jack the front end off the ground and make sure nothing is loose first. Then park it on level ground and use a Framing Square to measure off of to double check angles and things maybe bent.

·
Super Moderator
5,534 Posts
I'm pretty certain our 1 and 2 Series tractors have a positive camber.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,122 Posts
I'm pretty certain our 1 and 2 Series tractors have a positive camber.
I have been in the OP's shoes several times. You stare at the front of the tractor and you SWEAR that one of the tires is leaning in more than the other. I don't know what it is. It just seems difficult to get a good viewing angle. Jacking it up doesn't help because then the front axle pivots one way or the other and makes one tire look more tilted than the other.

In my 2720 Technical Manual it lists the front camber as 3 degrees.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts