1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,115 Posts
Almost appears you could have adjusted your top link a bit further out.
Most of my attachments are parked on an uneven surface (dirt). Sure they come off easy enough but rarely hook back up without some intervention (adjust top link).
You can always level the attachment after it is hooked up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good tip. I think you are correct about top link adjustment.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,115 Posts
Good tip. I think you are correct about top link adjustment.
I was never sold on the idea of an iMatch and probably would not have had one if my daughters had not bought one for me. In the past I had only the rear ballast box, the days of other attachments are now behind me and figured the need vs cost was not worth it. NOW, with the chipper I am glad to have it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I need practice. Any good tips? Trying to video with one hand adds to degree of difficulty.....lol

https://vimeo.com/175545849
Keep in mind that the iMatch hitch fixes the three mounting points on a plane. The whole iMatch unit then raises and lowers on an arc. In the down position, the 3 attachment points are perpendicular to the ground. As the hitch is raised, the upper mount essentially moves closer to the tractor, and the 2 lower points move away from the tractor. Here are a coupl of pictures of 3 point mounted forks to illustrate that.

hitchdown.jpg hitchup.JPG

When you drop the implement, it is sitting flat on the ground. Then, as you raise the iMAtch to engage the top point, the iMatch upper mount moves forward and away from the implement. And, the 2 lower points then get in the way, not letting you back the tractor enough to engage the upper hook.

I've found it best to put something, like a 2x4 or 4x4 under the rear of the implement when you drop it, so the upper attachment point is leaning forward when the implement is on the ground. That way, when you go to hook back up, you can engage and lift the implement by the upper point. Once you lift it a bit, then the implement swings forward, and the 2 lower pins can engage.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You need to have your handles open, don't you?? I do not own an I-match yet, but I see many people in other videos close then after they hook up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, latches only need to be opened to release. They are spring loaded engagement.

I need took at hydraulic top link.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
My Imatch works better if I remember to put the adjustable top hook on the IMatch in the position I found that works best for the implement I'm connecting to.

If I remember to do that, it pretty much hook and go(except where PTO shafts are needing conneced).

I agree the hydraulic top link would be ideal but I don't have the dough for that.

005.jpg

·
Registered
129 Posts
It does not look right

All implements I have are iMatch compatible now. I don't have adjustable top link. Practice more and it will come easy for you later.

You should only need to focus on the top link hook and be sure to line up correctly (not one side to close and one side to far out)

In the video, those two latches are in "closed" position. you may want them in the open position so lower arms could come into the correct place before lock them down.

I need practice. Any good tips? Trying to video with one hand adds to degree of difficulty.....lol

https://vimeo.com/175545849

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
It does work much better with the latches open. Also see if you can get the implements parked with the nose lower than horizontal so that the top hook would enter first when backing in again.

·
Registered
741 Posts
You should only need to focus on the top link hook and be sure to line up correctly (not one side to close and one side to far out)
If I could offer only one tip, this is it. Back up with your eye on aligning the top hook into the implement.

I keep all of my implements on pallets with casters so I can quickly position them behind the tractor and lift the iMatch into it.

I recently replaced my adjustable top hook bolts with small trailer hitch pins to make relocating the hook easier.

A hydraulic top link would make attachment easier (as well as offering other benefits) but is not necessary. I think a little trial and error practice will enable you to be proficient.

Reactions: BigJim55 and Marlin

·
Registered
892 Posts
Another thing is the rear blade isn't very heavy. I push mine around usually before it cooperates and jumps on.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought it so I wouldn't have to get off the seat.

Reactions: BigJim55 and Marlin

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I bought it so I wouldn't have to get off the seat.
Well, I thought that too when I got mine but I rarely can do a complete hook up from the seat. My attachments are out in the field most of the time and thus not on a level surface. I use a landscape rake the most and when I do hook it up from the seat I have to get off the seat and raise the landscape parking jack anyways. For me the biggest benefit of the I-match is I do not have to wrestle big heavy implements around. My tiller for my JD 400 GT is a perfect example. It isn't Imatch compatible and it weighs over 300 lbs. If I am not on a good surface it can be a real bear to wrestle that thing around and get it on the hitch. With my Imatch and my landscape rack (similar in weight and awkwardness) I do not have to do much physical work to get it hooked up but I usually have to get out of the seat to get things lined up perfect etc. I am hooking up on the edge of cleared piece of land and the rake is actually in the woods so the terrain is not my friend.

Also it does help immensely to have the latches open. Keep using it. You will find the best way for you to use it. I am sure I could use mine more efficiently if I had instructions but I am self taught on that piece of equipment. :bigbeer:

·
Registered
741 Posts
I am sure I could use mine more efficiently if I had instructions but I am self taught on that piece of equipment. :bigbeer:
I've never seen a Deere operator manual for the iMatch but Land Pride's quick hitch is nearly identical and has an excellent guide.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have the Imatch and when all is said and done I don't find it any easier to use than just hooking up with the telesoping arms. And it doesn't work well for some of the non-Deere implements and other than Cat 2 implements so I have to remove it for example, when I want to use my Cat 1 Box blade.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can reach release handles from 44r seat ok but for hooking up I haven't needed to. Releasing, yes.

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 20 of 25 Posts