Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I saw this in a Craigslist ad, I am posting it more from an interesting equipment standpoint. I had no idea that 20 years ago Honda made a small portable generator with a 12HP two cylinder liquid cooled engine.

Honda_ES6500.jpg

·
Administrator
20,987 Posts
ES model, I wonder if that has an inverter in it? Being liquid cooled, I'll bet it's fairly quiet as well.

·
Premium Member
13,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ES model, I wonder if that has an inverter in it? Being liquid cooled, I'll bet it's fairly quiet as well.
I did some Googling and it does appear to be inverter-based. There are some YouTube videos which show it running. It is very quiet. Not quite as quiet as the newer totally enclosed inverter models like the EU6500i but much quieter than a standard generator.

·
Registered
152 Posts
For several years I had a Honda 3813 lawn tractor with a 13 hp water cooled twin. It was the sweetest running twin cylinder I've ever experienced.

Reactions: Fozsey

·
Premium Member
13,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For several years I had a Honda 3813 lawn tractor with a 13 hp water cooled twin. It was the sweetest running twin cylinder I've ever experienced.
That's my point I guess. Honda made some very nice lawn tractors but they were way over engineered and ended up costing 2X that of a comparable lawn tractor. Most folks weren't willing to pay that much extra and as a result Honda lawn tractors are no more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have one

Although I saw this in a Craigslist ad, I am posting it more from an interesting equipment standpoint. I had no idea that 20 years ago Honda made a small portable generator with a 12HP two cylinder liquid cooled engine.

View attachment 515825
I've had one since they came out. To this day it starts immediately and is surprisingly quiet. It runs smooth as you can imagine a water cooled twin would. I bought it when my wife insisted I get a Y2K generator and transfer switch. Since then we moved into a ranch that has a permanent propane generator so I only use it when I need power out in the field and for the monthly warm up exercise I do on it. I saw the same ad and am thinking of listing mine since I rarely use it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts