Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the impact on leaving the 3pt hitch in the up position? I leave mine down whenever I'm parked. However, a local guy I drive by every day has a beautiful 3720 with factory cab, blade on his 300cx, and extended weight box. I have noticed that his weight box is always lifted to its highest position - for weeks and months at a time. Is there any negative impact to this?

·
Administrator
23,173 Posts
There is no real negative impact on leaving it up, but there is a safety concern, especially if you have young children that could play on the tractor.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
And I'll add to Kenny's post that by lowering the three-point-hitch you are also relieving any built up hydraulic pressure in the lines, which becomes a safety issue if you ever need to crack open a fitting for some reason.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tire flat spots may occur with heavy loads that are stored for a long time. They will go away once the tractor is driven again. I believe this will occur with radial tires much more, but it may be the other way around. We have a Ford TW-25 that will go bouncing down the road when you first start it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
When the tractor was brand new it didn't creep down over night but as time goes on this will change. The down side not already mentioned is that when you start the tractor there will be load on the hydraulic pump to raise it to the position sensing location the lever is asking for. It is probably best to start the tractor without this load. I guess just moving the lever enough so that the hitch moves down a bit would suffice to eliminate this phemomenon.

fran

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
My guess is your neighbor has it lock in the up position by turning the control knob completely closed. I do this on one of my machines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.