Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, JD did it again. I just got back from JD dealer with my new LED light kit, and what do you know...no installation instructions! :banghead: There was one paper inside the box which said to have your dealer download and print the instructions for you. Well, by the time I got home, the dealer was almost closed. Of course I can't find it on the interwebs, so does anybody have a copy so I can get my new lights installed.

·
Premium Member
12,699 Posts
What is the P/N of the kit?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: I just got an email from dealer, who stayed late to help me out and sent me the manual in PDF. :yahoo:

So, moral of the story is check your accessories, kits and parts for the needed instructions before leaving the dealer! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Post pics after installation.

Reactions: IndianaJim and 1010

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would like to see the instructions if you can post a pic.:bigbeer:

Reactions: GSM

·
Registered
60 Posts
LED Instructions

For the wiring, on the left side above the rear axle just in front of the 3pt arm is a harness. Mine was zip tied to the pto switch harness. You will also have a another harness for the signal lights on the ROPs, but that isn't the correct one.

There should be purple and black wires with bullet connectors that are capped. This is the rear light connection.

Not sure what kit you have, but mine came with a pigtail that splits the purple and black wires (2 to 4). It also came the 2 long bullet to LED harnesses. These go to the new lights.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I got the light kit installed that Saturday I asked the questions about the instructions. My dealer was awesome and the guys at the parts counter and one of the salesman stayed late to find and email the instructions.:bigthumb: Anyway, i got the kit installed and was very happy with the results. I know the kit expensive, but JD had sent me an email earlier in the month and I had a 15% off coupon for the light kit and guard kit which I used that for toward the purchase of the kit. The install was straight forward, the only thing the instructions did not mention was all the obstructions that were in the ROPS. I removed all through bolts to make pulling the light harness through the ROPS easier. I tried to do it with out removing the bolts, but they did get in the way. I have used the tractor in the dark a couple of time since the install and WOW, what a difference! I like how the fender mounted lights can pivot outward beyond and shine beyond the bucket and they have mount bracket that are about 2 inches higher, unlike the stock lights. I also mounted the rear light a little different than what the instructions showed. I also put the plastic washer between the light and the mounting brackets so I have the ability to pivot and move the lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, I got the light kit installed that Saturday I asked the questions about the instructions. My dealer was awesome and the guys at the parts counter and one of the salesman stayed late to find and email the instructions.:bigthumb: Anyway, i got the kit installed and was very happy with the results. I know the kit expensive, but JD had sent me an email earlier in the month and I had a 15% off coupon for the light kit and guard kit which I used that for toward the purchase of the kit. The install was straight forward, the only thing the instructions did not mention was all the obstructions that were in the ROPS. I removed all through bolts to make pulling the light harness through the ROPS easier. I tried to do it with out removing the bolts, but they did get in the way. I have used the tractor in the dark a couple of time since the install and WOW, what a difference! I like how the fender mounted lights can pivot outward beyond and shine beyond the bucket and they have mount bracket that are about 2 inches higher, unlike the stock lights. I also mounted the rear light a little different than what the instructions showed. I also put the plastic washer between the light and the mounting brackets so I have the ability to pivot and move the lights.
Any shot you can post the PDF of the instructions? Thanks much!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Do the rops mounted lights come with the guards around them?

·
Premium Member
12,699 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,699 Posts
I believe the rear light is mounted wrong. According to the instructions (which are asinine) it hangs down rather than bolt on the top.
That's true technically but in reality you can mount these lights any way you see fit. Some folks point them both forward, some both backward and some one in each direction. Same with the rear light. I'm not sure the orientation that is shown in the manual would light up much more than the 3PH area so a higher vantage point may be desirable if it doesn't interfere with anything.

Reactions: Spectre and JD4044M
1 - 17 of 17 Posts