Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 1025R
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a 2021 1025r and I am looking to upgrade/add LED lights to it and was wondering what LED lightbar (12-24" facing forward), and LED pods ( two facing backwards) you would recommend for using with the Bolt On Hooks ROPS Clamps™. Is their a certain wattage you would stay around/under for the 1025r?

I have seen lots of people using these: Nilight ZH016 12 Inch 72W Spot Combo Bar 2PCS 4 Inch 18W Flood LED Fog Lights

Just curious about their longevity and quality. Is their any other better options while still staying cost efficient. Which ones are shown on the website for the Bolt On Hooks ROPS Clamp?

Also would like to upgrade the factory installed headlights and fender lights. What are the best LED bulbs for these?

Thank you,
Johnathan

Reactions: Ranger521

·
Premium Member
2,187 Posts
The Amazon china special LED bars and pods will do the job for you just fine. The lumen and electrical data advertised is all a lie. The LEDs are very underdriven to reduce heat to reduce heat dissipation materials to reduce manufacturing costs. The tractor can them just fine and they're plenty bright for our purposes. Buying a non chinese actual real up to spec product from a company like Rigid will get you a better product with more light using more power. But for a little tractor, not worth it IMO. I reserve that expensive product for my actual vehicles.

·
Premium Member
2022 2025R Cab
241 Posts
The Amazon china special LED bars and pods will do the job for you just fine. The lumen and electrical data advertised is all a lie. The LEDs are very underdriven to reduce heat to reduce heat dissipation materials to reduce manufacturing costs. The tractor can them just fine and they're plenty bright for our purposes. Buying a non chinese actual real up to spec product from a company like Rigid will get you a better product with more light using more power. But for a little tractor, not worth it IMO. I reserve that expensive product for my actual vehicles.
I know you are right, but I just can't but Chinese products anymore. Not when a US product is available

·
Premium Member
2,187 Posts
I know you are right, but I just can't but Chinese products anymore. Not when a US product is available
Perfectly valid stance as well. If someone has the financial means to put $600 worth of LED lighting on a 1-series tractor, I am all for buying the USA made quality stuff from a company like Rigid Industries. It is literally 10x the cost of the $60 Chinesium set of lights, so it's going to be a hard sell for most people to put on a small tractor.

·
Premium Member
2022 2025R Cab
241 Posts
Perfectly valid stance as well. If someone has the financial means to put $600 worth of LED lighting on a 1-series tractor, I am all for buying the USA made quality stuff from a company like Rigid Industries. It is literally 10x the cost of the $60 Chinesium set of lights, so it's going to be a hard sell for most people to put on a small tractor.
Rigid is my go-to for LEDs. And they are terribly proud of them. The ones I have on my Wrangler have gone through hell and still work. They have a lifetime warranty and it is honored. I had one of their headlights stop working. Dealer was ready to order a replacement. He had me unplug/replug it, which cured the problem - about 25k miles ago. Problem has not recurred.
While there is a significant price differential between Rigid vs China light units, I suspect that if one was looking for actual (not listed) luminosity, the differential shrinks significantly. I have seen many postings in off-road forums of Chinese lights developing moisture inside the unit anywhere from 6-18 months with no warranty coverage. Price differential shrinks again.
And, an American is getting a paycheck

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I've had a set of the Nilight's for about 18 months now (rear facing for 3 point work). No issues, but it's garage kept & heated in the winter. I just added another set in the front. I've been very impressed with them & they put out a ton of light.

I've been using Fahren LED headlights for about the same amount of time (tractor, mazda, & colorado), again no issues & great light. I will say the tractor head lights leave a little to be desired as the bezel/reflectors are designed for halogen bulbs not LED.

Fahren

·
Premium Member
2,187 Posts
While there is a significant price differential between Rigid vs China light units, I suspect that if one was looking for actual (not listed) luminosity, the differential shrinks significantly
The Chinese lights advertise the full power specs of the LED chip manufacturer (cree etc). However the chinesium manufacturers underdrive the LEDs with a lower voltage and current than spec. This results in less heat which means less heat sink material is needed which means they can manufacturer cheaper. The result is 30-50% reduced performance compared to the advertised fake specs.

If you modified the Chinese LED pods to use the full spec voltage and current, the thing would melt down and go up and smoke in minutes.

Products from reputable manufacturers such as Ridgid are actually built to handle that full power and operate according to spec. If you put a rigid LED pod next to the comparable chineseium LED pod, you will not even see the light bloom from the Chinese pod.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a 2021 1025r and I am looking to upgrade/add LED lights to it and was wondering what LED lightbar (12-24" facing forward), and LED pods ( two facing backwards) you would recommend for using with the Bolt On Hooks ROPS Clamps™. Is their a certain wattage you would stay around/under for the 1025r?

I have seen lots of people using these: Nilight ZH016 12 Inch 72W Spot Combo Bar 2PCS 4 Inch 18W Flood LED Fog Lights

Just curious about their longevity and quality. Is their any other better options while still staying cost efficient. Which ones are shown on the website for the Bolt On Hooks ROPS Clamp?

Also would like to upgrade the factory installed headlights and fender lights. What are the best LED bulbs for these?

Thank you,
Johnathan
Fellow new owner here. I have also gone with the Nilight flood combo, and may finally mount them in a few minutes.

Anyway rather than the ROPS mount (which I might do for the light bar itself) for the front/back floodlights I am mounting them to a bracket which additionally protects the stock side lights. Such a bracket is highly recommended by many on this forum. Apparently the stock blinkers like to knock off the moment they touch a branch. This set is predrilled with a front and rear facing area for lights to attach. Then run a wire down the ROPs to the bullet connectors at the bottom of the harness and bob's your uncle!

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,785 Posts
Fellow new owner here. I have also gone with the Nilight flood combo, and may finally mount them in a few minutes.

Anyway rather than the ROPS mount (which I might do for the light bar itself) for the front/back floodlights I am mounting them to a bracket which additionally protects the stock side lights. Such a bracket is highly recommended by many on this forum. Apparently the stock blinkers like to knock off the moment they touch a branch. This set is predrilled with a front and rear facing area for lights to attach. Then run a wire down the ROPs to the bullet connectors at the bottom of the harness and bob's your uncle!

Be careful and double check before mounting everything that the LED's for illumunating your front and rear work areas don't get in your vision when you are rotating front to rear when working. Often, It's the forward facing lights which are likely to be a problem because the ROPS mounts are behind you.

That's why so many use the "Horse Blinders" on the forward facing lights to prevent the annoyance of the lights in your vision or even being blinding if in the wrong place. Just a heads up before you get everything tight and try them out.............

Post pictures of your work when you are done so we can see your project and results. Happy Holidays...🎄.

Reactions: jalexander16

·
Premium Member
2,187 Posts
That's why so many use the "Horse Blinders" on the forward facing lights to prevent the annoyance of the lights in your vision or even being blinding if in the wrong place.
I've been wondering what those goofy looking things were supposed to accomplish. Mainly wondering "how do these effect what nearby horses see?"

But that's mainly why I didn't put any lights low on the ROPS. Everything is overhead. Also why I wired the overhead separate from the headlight switch. Sometimes it is best to turn the headlights off since they blast right into the loader and reflect back into my face. Especially snow plowing. I just use the overhead lights and turn off the headlights.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Rough Country has LED Light Bars and individual lights. I had one of their light bars on my Sierra that was great.

Reactions: jalexander16
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.