Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My basement florescent lights are getting old and tired and the ballasts are starting to go. They aren't anything special so when the latest one started to give out, I decided to try a LED replacement. Lowes had some 4' fixtures that look a lot like florescents so I tried one out. (One only as they are about 3 times the price or at least 2 times since you don't have to buy bulbs.)

Replacement was straightforward except of course the mounting holes didn't line up to the ceiling joists but other than that, pretty simple. When I flipped the switch, I was really pleased. Much more light even though it's half the juice. Fairly even illumination, at least as good as the 4' strip florescent and instant on. If the working life is as advertised, I'll certainly continue the replacement program.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
My basement florescent lights are getting old and tired and the ballasts are starting to go. They aren't anything special so when the latest one started to give out, I decided to try a LED replacement. Lowes had some 4' fixtures that look a lot like florescents so I tried one out. (One only as they are about 3 times the price or at least 2 times since you don't have to buy bulbs.)

Replacement was straightforward except of course the mounting holes didn't line up to the ceiling joists but other than that, pretty simple. When I flipped the switch, I was really pleased. Much more light even though it's half the juice. Fairly even illumination, at least as good as the 4' strip florescent and instant on. If the working life is as advertised, I'll certainly continue the replacement program.

Treefarmer
I have some from Costco that seem to be pretty good.

·
Premium Member
8,023 Posts
LED technology has come a long way and production costs are dropping.

In many regards they are the best thing on the market.

Anything is better than a CFL...:banghead:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
Do you have a model number Treefarmer?
Pictures?

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picture

Do you have a model number Treefarmer?
Pictures?
I knew the picture request was coming, lol.

LED light.PNG

It's Utiltech Pro 0595685

Treefarmer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts