Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone converted their tractor's lights over to LEDs?

If so what parts did you use?

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I added LED's to the ROPS, 2 front, 2 back. I used Grote LED's - cost was absurd. Used JD factory switches - cost was fine.

I've been looking to find replacement bulbs for the headlights, but haven't got around to it yet. As far as I can tell they are GE H4 style, but consensus is that LED replacements may be pretty dim.

-Jer.

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jer.

·
Registered
430 Posts
A long term member of a boating forum I visit makes LED spreader lights that seem to be very useful for tractors. His lights are highly recommended by several people on the tht forum. I am thinking of buying some of these for my 110 and camper. The black spreader lights seem to be the best ones to use.

Here is a link to Chris's website,

http://www.coastalnightlights.com/

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
A long term member of a boating forum I visit makes LED spreader lights that seem to be very useful for tractors. His lights are highly recommended by several people on the tht forum. I am thinking of buying some of these for my 110 and camper. The black spreader lights seem to be the best ones to use.

If those throw out some decent light, they are a GREAT deal.

-Jer.

·
Registered
733 Posts
If you do get those spreader lights, let us know how they work.

I've been eyeing the JW Speaker Model 736's....100% direct replacement for the JD lights..same OEM...Same Size, mounting, etc..
BUT at 160.00+ a pop, I can afford to change the bulbs in my stock halogens for many years....
Model 701
Model 736

·
Registered
430 Posts
Lucky for me I don't need lighting very often at night. I would assume that for the guys needing to blow snow after dark or before going to work this is a bigger deal.

For the price of the led lights I would have to see them first. I will consider trying out one of these for my camper first and go from there.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

thanks jenkinsph. I did look at the site, and those lights are pretty strong.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you do get those spreader lights, let us know how they work.

I've been eyeing the JW Speaker Model 736's....100% direct replacement for the JD lights..same OEM...Same Size, mounting, etc..
BUT at 160.00+ a pop, I can afford to change the bulbs in my stock halogens for many years....
Model 701
Model 736

Dave; Yeah at $160 each, they are expensive, but they are also OEM compatible so they would look stock, but bright as hell apparently.:fed:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lucky for me I don't need lighting very often at night. I would assume that for the guys needing to blow snow after dark or before going to work this is a bigger deal.

For the price of the led lights I would have to see them first. I will consider trying out one of these for my camper first and go from there.
Yep, that is me, Last year I was plowing at 4am 5 days in a row, at one point so I could get to work.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Are you guys saying that these go in the factory headlight spot, or on the ROPS as worklights??

-Jer.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Are you guys saying that these go in the factory headlight spot, or on the ROPS as worklights??

-Jer.
Which ones?
The ones I posted are made by the same OEM that supplies Deere with the halogen lights used as the worklights...Front & Rear on cab models....so a person could buy those to replace the factory Deere ones and during the day you'd not even know they werent factory.

At $350+ I really would like to see them in action before ploppin down the cash...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep, it just takes a source for the Model 736's that is cheap enough. anyone know of any distributors that can get them?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Probably about 200 sumthin' a light.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Please post the name of the forum so members here know how to save money! We are open and friendly with other forums. This place is all about learning, sharing, and bettering the equipment we have. We hope people will come here for that reason!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts