Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I signed on the dotted line for a 2017 1025R with a mower deck, bucket and snow blade yesterday after a couple frustrating years with Kubota. Having five acres with some woods and a very steep driveway seemed to beckon a JD. I'll be on here looking for some advice soon.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Greetings all,

I signed on the dotted line for a 2017 1025R with a mower deck, bucket and snow blade yesterday after a couple frustrating years with Kubota. Having five acres with some woods and a very steep driveway seemed to beckon a JD. I'll be on here looking for some advice soon.
Congrats on the purchase, what model K tractor did you trade off?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome. If you have not viewed the Tractor Time with Tim videos on Youtube, you might enjoy those as you wait for delivery. The 1025 is a capable tractor that should serve you well. My friend uses his commercially, and the tractor has been more than competent for his needs.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor! :bigthumb:

Oh, and :wgtt:

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,675 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor and Welcome!

:wgtt:

Going off you handle, Thank you for your service! Knew a couple EOD guys that passed through CO. Not a job I envy.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Welcome to the green side. Thanks for your service. Look forward to your input:good2:

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Thanks for your service. :congrats::greentractorride::wgtt:

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Welcome To Green Tractor Talk From The Pacific NW - Oregon!

I'm looking forward to pictures and a review of your new Green Machine.

:kidw_truck_smiley:

Marlin :cowboy:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome to the site from St. Louis, Mo. and congrats on the purchase of your new machine!

·
Premium Member
14,109 Posts
:congrats: on purchase. :bigthumb:

If you don't mind ,, what was some of the issues with the Kubota.

The neighbor that I helped drag some gravel up his driveway yesterday was a tech at the local Kubota dealer. He and I was talking about the likes and dislikes between Kubota and JD ,, he and I agreed on the two pedals and FEL joystick was a PLUS on JD.
I know little off post, but he mentioned their SXS according to him with diesel engine it was a Piece of Sh_ _. Told me it was great with good pulling power on level ground. We were looking up the hill behind the church, he told me no way would it climb that hill.:dunno::banghead: As much as I disliked the small lawnmower engine in our xuv550. heck it would climb that hill with 4 people with no issues..:dunno:

Thank you for your service.

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Welcome from Southern Maryland

·
Registered
433 Posts
Salutations and Welcome to the club.

I'm on the other side of the mountain from you, 12 miles as a crow flies, but 45 minutes by car to get to the JD dealer there in Edinburg. Should be over that way in a few days to pick up my sleeve hitch when it comes in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats on the new tractor and Welcome!

Going off you handle, Thank you for your service! Knew a couple EOD guys that passed through CO. Not a job I envy.
I appreciate it but truth be told my expertise is in training explosive detection and accelerant K9's for LE. Retired from my long police career to do this on the federal level. Although I have a fair amount of training on explosives I'm not an EOD guy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:congrats: on purchase. :bigthumb:

If you don't mind ,, what was some of the issues with the Kubota.

The neighbor that I helped drag some gravel up his driveway yesterday was a tech at the local Kubota dealer. He and I was talking about the likes and dislikes between Kubota and JD ,, he and I agreed on the two pedals and FEL joystick was a PLUS on JD.
I know little off post, but he mentioned their SXS according to him with diesel engine it was a Piece of Sh_ _. Told me it was great with good pulling power on level ground. We were looking up the hill behind the church, he told me no way would it climb that hill.:dunno::banghead: As much as I disliked the small lawnmower engine in our xuv550. heck it would climb that hill with 4 people with no issues..:dunno:

Thank you for your service.
Believe it or not I really did like the Kubota. I felt it was solid and well built. The service I received from the dealer was excellent. My first snow with the machine was 24 inches and the tractor did very well. But my issue was the implements. So damn hard to put on and remove. I found myself not using the loader because of how difficult it was. And getting the mid mounted mower deck off/on was a royal PITA.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts