Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found one of the Leinbach PHDs advertised locally on Craigslist. Went an d looked at it this morning and picked it up.

Came with PTO shaft and a 12" auger but the auger has no tip on it (it's broken off) and the auger teeth are missing but, for $200 it was a stupid crazy deal.

The prior owner passed away about 2 years ago and his widow has been clearing out all of his stuff from their barn. I paid her asking price and I think I still got a good deal.

20161116_122631.jpg

The main top tube had a hairline crack that was about 18" long. I already welded that back up right after I unloaded it off the truck. My winter project is to tear it apart and rebuild it. It appears that the Leinbach stuff has been taken over by Everything Attachments and the head on mine looks to be identical to the PDH26 replacement head that EA sells. Does anyone know of sources for a manual for this thing? Or sources for parts? If I'm going to tear it open I'm going to want new gaskets. I suppose I could make my own but I'd rather just buy a kit with all of them.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Nice score! :thumbup1gif:

Rotated the pic for ya.

PHD.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
What about this Jim?

Manual

·
Super Moderator
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,474 Posts
Bought ours used so many years ago, still have it, still works good. Nice find.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I found one of the Leinbach PHDs advertised locally on Craigslist. Went an d looked at it this morning and picked it up.

Came with PTO shaft and a 12" auger but the auger has no tip on it (it's broken off) and the auger teeth are missing but, for $200 it was a stupid crazy deal.

The prior owner passed away about 2 years ago and his widow has been clearing out all of his stuff from their barn. I paid her asking price and I think I still got a good deal.

View attachment 267121

The main top tube had a hairline crack that was about 18" long. I already welded that back up right after I unloaded it off the truck. My winter project is to tear it apart and rebuild it. It appears that the Leinbach stuff has been taken over by Everything Attachments and the head on mine looks to be identical to the PDH26 replacement head that EA sells. Does anyone know of sources for a manual for this thing? Or sources for parts? If I'm going to tear it open I'm going to want new gaskets. I suppose I could make my own but I'd rather just buy a kit with all of them.
I know this is an old post but was wondering if you found a suitable replacement tip for the 12" auger? All the ones I have found have mounting holes that are 9" between center and mine is 10". :(

Thanks for letting me join this group.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Good score.A number of years ago now I bought an older Speeco phd. It came with a 9 and 12" augers. Both augers were not so good a shape, but with a little work both were quite usable. The digger got a good clean up. Gear box drain and new oil. PTO shaft clean up, new sheer bolt. And of course new paint.... All in all it took some work, but it didn't have to be done overnight, and made for a good working toolthat saved money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts