Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Get ready for lawn overseeding and be prepared for annual aeration. Improve fertilizer intake, reduce water runoff and relieve soil compaction!

I have a Lesco LA6000 Lawn Aerator for sale. This was manufactured by Classen for Lesco. A John Deere version was also available. This aerator is identical to the Classen 60-RT. The aerator can be used as a drawbar pull-behind or 3 Point Hitch operated implement. The Classen 60-RT manual is attached with more information. It has a 52" width for 60" coverage with each pass.

The aerator is very well built and I'd estimate weighs nearly 350#. It can also be loaded to 780# with additional weight to help pull plugs from highly compacted soil. It has two independent, staggered tine gangs with ten reels and uses 60 tines. I'm also including an additional 30 spare tines with the unit.

(Series 60RT, number represents tine quantity)
Heavy-duty core aerator built with 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" solid square steel stock with weight tray for optional added weight.

Tow-Behind Lift Aerator Features:
- Independent tine shafts for greater turning ease
- 1" sealed ball bearings for low maintenance
- Tines are heat treated and hardened all the way through with ¾” diameter for aerating depths to 4-inches deep
- Available with manual or electric lift
- Staggered Hole pattern 5.25" x 7"
- 15 hp minimum tractor required

I acquired the aerator used a few years back and replaced a bent gang, some tines and all the gang bearings. Other than that it's been used a couple of times a year on my property.

It could use some paint and polish but it's all there. Classen currently sells the 60-RT for ~$2,500. I'd like to get $1,000 for this Lesco LA6000.

IMG_0094.jpeg IMG_0095.jpeg IMG_0096.jpeg IMG_0245.jpeg IMG_0244.jpeg IMG_0243.jpeg

Attachments

Reactions: mark02tj and PJR832

·
Super Moderator
8,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What are the chances you might be traveling north of the boarder over the holidays? Almost zero I know, but worth asking.
I wasn’t planning any Canadian trips but could meet somewhere on this side of the border. The aerator does roll easily and could be transported on a small trailer.

Maybe on my next Buffalo, NY or Cleveland, OH trip?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
929 Posts
I might be interested in the aerator. I'm not too far from you (live in NH, work in Lexington, MA).
I'm not quite there with the cash though, need a few weeks to save up. If you still have it, I'll reach out.

·
Super Moderator
8,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might be interested in the aerator. I'm not too far from you (live in NH, work in Lexington, MA).
I'm not quite there with the cash though, need a few weeks to save up. If you still have it, I'll reach out.
Thanks for your note. If you decide you want it I’ll hold the aerator until you’re ready to go.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I wasn’t planning any Canadian trips but could meet somewhere on this side of the border. The aerator does roll easily and could be transported on a small trailer.

Maybe on my next Buffalo, NY or Cleveland, OH trip?

If you still have it and make a trip to Buffalo, keep me posted. :bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
8,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you still have it and make a trip to Buffalo, keep me posted. :bigthumb:
Sawdust,

I'm heading to Mahwah, NJ on Tuesday and then back to Buffalo, NY again later this week. Let me know what's on your mind. I'll be happy to load up the aerator and take it along for the trip.

Frank

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Super Moderator
8,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for your interest. The aerator has been sold to another GTT forum member. (y)

Reactions: mark02tj
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.