Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
20,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let’s just take a moment to remember why we have Memorial Day. A lot of men and women laid their lives down for our country. I won’t forget. :usa :usa :usa

Thank you to our Veterans, Law Enforcement, and First Responders. They all deserve a huge Thank You!!! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
13,945 Posts
I know this morning at church we will remember.

FIL 91 WWII

a good friend PH Marine Vietnam

another good friend USA Afghanistan

2- USAF one of those retired 20 yrs , 1 USA, and 1 WVNG 18 yrs and myself over 8 yrs USAR

and older members that have passed away another one of those USA receiving PH and another USAR

Not bad for membership of 51.

Plus my dad USA WWII Bronze Star 2nd Ranger
my brother USAR
a uncle USA Tank Division
several cousins , one USN, USA,

On my wife side

A uncle (Paps brother ) Killed Korea Conflict

2 Uncles believe USA

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Please remember, our freedoms and liberty were, and are, not free!!!!!!! Thank You to all those who gave ALL!!!! :usa

How about we all take a moment during our cook outs and family get together's this weekend to take a moment to remind everyone attending what the real purpose of Memorial Day is.

I thought you might like this!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvVtFD9Na0I

·
Premium Member
13,945 Posts
Please remember, our freedoms and liberty were, and are, not free!!!!!!! Thank You to all those who gave ALL!!!! :usa

How about we all take a moment during our cook outs and family get together's this weekend to take a moment to remind everyone attending what the real purpose of Memorial Day is.

I thought you might like this!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvVtFD9Na0I

Is it my pc or your post to youtube that is wrong,,

I click on your you tube and it starts to open on a new screen and then closes and I'm back to GTT :dunno: I have a few blockers on PC that maybe causing the problem.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Is it my pc or your post to youtube that is wrong,,

I click on your you tube and it starts to open on a new screen and then closes and I'm back to GTT :dunno: I have a few blockers on PC that maybe causing the problem.:dunno:
It should open to this. I don't know why your's isn't working!! Must be a blocker. It opens on mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Here's a real tearjerker that highlights the importance of Memorial Day.

It was posted on Facebook this week by a friend of mine who lost her Army husband in 2016...
She had just learned she was pregnant again (after an earlier miscarriage) when he died.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
memorial day is a special holiday :usa we cant forget those who gave the ultimate price so we can enjoy whatever we are doing this weekend if you are watching the races cooking out or what ever you are doing just take a momment to remember those that paid the price for our freedom so that we can enjoy these things with our freinds and family :usaand of course drink lots of beer:bigbeer:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Thanks to all the men and women that laid down their lives for my/our freedoms. Thanks to their families that had to endure losing their loved ones.

All gave some,...But some gave all.

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Let’s just take a moment to remember why we have Memorial Day. A lot of men and women laid their lives down for our country. I won’t forget. :usa :usa :usa

Thank you to our Veterans, Law Enforcement, and First Responders. They all deserve a huge Thank You!!! :bigthumb:
I will never forget My Father, both Brothers, 1/2 Brother (He Gave All) and myself have gone to war and my Mother entertained the troops in WWII doing USO Shows. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
To all that gave it all. Thank you.

Since today is Memorial Day I just that it would be nice to say thank you to all those brave men and women they gave the ultimate sacrifice for your country. While we may never be able to thank you enough we will never forget. So while you sit down to bbq or have a picnic with family and friends. Take a few minutes to reflect on what today is really about and say thanks.

My son did his part today. By honoring his great uncle that we never got to meet. And we will continue to do so every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
We reflected at dinner tonight what today is all about. Mom was over and daughter and her boyfriend listen to stories about my Dad when he was in Korea and they’re great Uncle that was in Korea and Vietnam. And about our Son-in-Law who is still serving and in fact left today for Florida to do deployment training. He will deploy to Gartar July 1st. :usa:usa

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
My daughter and her husband and their son and daughter came for the day. When we set the table I set an extra plate. We all sat down, my granddaughter was ready to say the blessing. I told her to wait, that I had something to say. I told them that the extra plate was for a friend of mine from college, who enlisted in the Army, assigned to the 101st Airborne. Like a lot of the rest of us, George was sent to Vietnam as a radio operator. He died in 1969 on a hill trying to get into a position so he could contact hq for and air strike. He got his message through before he was killed. He was awarded a Silver Star, a Bronze Star and a Purple Heart.

SP4 George Fry is buried in his home town of Pavilion, NY.

:usa

I wish I would have started doing this years ago.

·
Registered
478 Posts
dieselshadow - Excellent post. We began the celebration watching the PBS 30th Annual Memorial Day Concert last evening. Very moving, as always. Today we ventured to the nearby village, watched the parade, then walked about a mile to the cemetery to watch the color guard, listen to the high school band, and listen to the guest speaker who memorialized a home town resident who was lost in a friendly fire incident in Afghanistan nearly five years ago.

Freedom has and never will be free. It is incumbent upon all of us GTT members to impress this upon those who follow in our footsteps.

Brian:usa

1 - 14 of 14 Posts