Discussion Starter #1
What kind of gloves you wearing?
These are my latest.

B8638C8F-47C3-4ADF-96CF-2D3A00000D5D.jpeg

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Feel free to move it

·
Premium Member
13,071 Posts
Nothing fancy here. I buy these in bulk...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I have bought TIG welding gloves for many years to use as three season outdoor work gloves similar to the ones shown in this pic.
They are goatskin, sewn with Kevlar thread.
They break in real nicely so they are soft and don't inhibit grip and they last a long time for me. I fold the orange sleeve over once to reduce length and never have to fuss with it again.
I am the type to wear gloves a lot when working unless I'm just operating the tractor.
Hands hurt bad enough after using them all these years and gloves sure help. Some guys at work try and bust my chops if they see me put them on before I have to manhandle something but they can kiss my booty.

steiner-sensi-tig-welding-glove-0227.png

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I had a whole stash of these NIB down in the barn. Mice cleaned off everything that wasn't leather.

There like asless chaps for hands now..tossed them.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
I hate those. The liner's fall apart in no time. I use the smooth lined leather or Harbor Freight mechanics gloves.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigJim55 and PJR832

·
Premium Member
13,071 Posts
I hate those. The liner's fall apart in no time. I use the smooth lined leather or Harbor Freight mechanics gloves.
The ones I have been buying do not appear to have a liner.

Reactions: BigJim55 and DanW

·
Premium Member
13,856 Posts
What kind of gloves you wearing?
These are my latest.

View attachment 711178

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Feel free to move it
Same ones I've been wearing for over two years now, I also have a pair of "winter" Mechanics gloves that I bought last winter and like them a lot for cold weather.
Pretty sure I remember a pink pair of them in one pic. :munch:

·
Registered
23,300 Posts
I have a really hard time finding gloves that fit. Also I insist on pliable real leather.

The only ones I like and fit properly I find at Tractor Supply. They are called Carhartt insulated leather driver gloves in 2XL. They are expensive at regular price of $30 but I buy them late winter when they discount all the Carhartt stuff 30%.

Carhartt Insulated Leather Driver Gloves at Tractor Supply Co. (link doesn’t work like Gizmo’s - resolves to the front page....)

440A9CE6-B100-4144-8A07-6F69051E341B.jpeg

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Although I have around 3 pair of winter gloves I’ll have to check those^^^ out Coaltrain. They look comfy :bigthumb:

·
Registered
23,300 Posts
Although I have around 3 pair of winter gloves I’ll have to check those^^^ out Coaltrain. They look comfy :bigthumb:
They really are - I have a nasty case of RA and my hands are super tender.

I should have stated that these gloves aren’t “tractoring” gloves but work gloves that I wear for everything.

·
Registered
431 Posts
As I've gotten older, the skin on the back of my hands has become ridiculously paper thin.
To the point that they looked terrible. Wounds just appear out of nowhere and I have no idea
how they happened.
So I've taken to wearing these for just about doing anything.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Grease-Monkey-Large-Gorilla-Grip-Gloves-20-Pair-25882-32/301998019

In the winter I've been wearing these for years. Usually pick up a couple pair a year. Price is good. Very nice gloves.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Cordova-Consumer-Products-XX-large-Male-Brown-Split-Leather-Insulated-Winter-Gloves/1000117235

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wear leather gloves for anything heavy-duty but I find them uncomfortable to wear all the time. A couple of years ago I picked up a 3-pack of these at Home Depot on a whim, and to my surprise they are now my favorites for everyday use. I find them very comfortable and you sure can't beat the price.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Firm-Grip-Large-High-Dex-Gloves-3-Pack-3101-96/202203753
I bought a whole pile of those last year and handed them out at our Christmas party. Everyone loved them. I kept a pair for myself and they still reside in my personal pickup driver side door

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have two pairs in the "glove box" on the 4052R at all times, For general stuff I wear these White Ox gloves: White Ox Heavy-Duty Work Gloves (dozen) - - Amazon.com

For anything more serious or chainsawing, I wear these Ansell cut resistant gloves. Amazon.com: Ansell ActivArmr 97-003 Cut Protection Gloves - Heavy-Duty, Wet and Dry Grip, Breathable, Size Large (1 pair): Industrial Scientific

For winter work like blowing snow it really depends on how bad the weather is, then I pick from several different winter gloves.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Reactions: Herminator
1 - 20 of 45 Posts