Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a nasty snowfall last Wed., heavy wet snow. Of course the brakes went on the F-350 so had to use the 2305. Back blade wasn't much good because there was close to a foot of snow by the time I got around to using the tractor. So it was push with the bucket till it filled then go dump. Took me about 6 hrs. to do our drive and the two contracts I have. I've wanted a blower for sometime, so broke down and bought a Frontier SB1154 today. Cost me $2200, but it's going to be worth it time wise, at least I hope it will be faster. Would have been nice to get a front blower, but I can't justify $4700... Dealer also had a front plow for $1700 but I figured the best setup for me will be the rear blower with FEL. Besides that blade stuck out a long way and I'm not so sure that I wouldn't lose traction in the wet heavy stuff... Comments most welcome.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
You know the rules....:nunu: All members must post pictures of thier new equipment upon purchase:lol:

It makes Randy happy:thumbup1gif:

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, will do tommorrow. Got to adjust (shorten) the PTO shaft, will take pics of it on the tractor when it's done...

You know the rules....:nunu: All members must post pictures of thier new equipment upon purchase:lol:

It makes Randy happy:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
304 Posts
I agree with Brian... no teasing. Pics are necessary to confirm all claims of new equipment! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Looking forward to the pics, but I sure can do without the snow. :D

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
dellwas:

Not to make you feel bad, but it was a bit over 60 F and sunny here in northeast Pennsylvania today. I plan to mow a bit of the back yard tomorrow before I put my blade on just so I can say that I cut grass after Thanksgiving. I would wait to next weekend so I can say December, but I don't want to press my luck.

I am interested to know how the blower works also. I can't use one with the tractor I have now, but next winter I hope to have a 2320.

Don

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not making me feel bad at all, we are getting temps almost as high as you are, supposed to hit 56 tommorrow. I'm better prepared now though. :thumbup1gif:

dellwas:

Not to make you feel bad, but it was a bit over 60 F and sunny here in northeast Pennsylvania today. I plan to mow a bit of the back yard tomorrow before I put my blade on just so I can say that I cut grass after Thanksgiving. I would wait to next weekend so I can say December, but I don't want to press my luck.

I am interested to know how the blower works also. I can't use one with the tractor I have now, but next winter I hope to have a 2320.

Don

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
HHHmmmm, Still no Pics.

:cray::cray::cray:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,054 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Alright! That's the way to shut everybody up. :laugh::laugh:

Awesome blower, and great looking rig!

BTW, is that a lake or a river next to your property! Looks beautiful there. :thumbup1gif:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,054 Posts
That's enough out of you two clownz. Here ya go...
For the record, Randy made me do it. I didn't want to.
Nice setup. Maybe someday I'll have one.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Dave. Think I made the right decision (bower vs plow). Was pretty quick blowing some wet heavy stuff, plus it allows me to have a FEL/blower combo. Wife says that's the end of the implements, little does she know :yahoo:

Alright! That's the way to shut everybody up. :laugh::laugh:

Awesome blower!

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya just got to figure a way to convince the S.O, if that is the issue. With me it was being in the saddle for 6 hours in a mixture of rain/snow/ice. she was opposed to it till that happened...

For the record, Randy made me do it. I didn't want to.
Nice setup. Maybe someday I'll have one.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Very nice. I keep looking for a nice used one, but the people who have them don't sell them.

Thanks for the pics in action.

How wide is the unit you purchased?

Were you able to bog the 2305 down at all with it in wet snow?

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
Thanks Dave. Think I made the right decision (bower vs plow). Was pretty quick blowing some wet heavy stuff, plus it allows me to have a FEL/blower combo. Wife says that's the end of the implements, little does she know :yahoo:
That is a nice combination. Please let us know how it works in deep snow.

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Thanks for the pics. That setup will really move some snow!:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Looking Good George!

:good2::thumbup1gif::good2::thumbup1gif:

Now you'll be praying for snow.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Brian, it's a 54 inch model. Salesman had a bigger one in stock, but didn't think the 2305 would handle it, and he agreed once we started talking about it. Had a bit of an issue with the first try, but I was going into a bank that was pushed up with a plow, so it was denser, and throttle was a little low. Gave it more juice and no problem. I was quite impressed given that it was wet heavy snow.... Went through it quite quicly too...

Very nice. I keep looking for a nice used one, but the people who have them don't sell them.

Thanks for the pics in action.

How wide is the unit you purchased?

Were you able to bog the 2305 down at all with it in wet snow?

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 35 Posts