Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here you go, some stuff you should not do. I advise this very strongly.. enjoy.. No bad words they are beeped out so I think this can stay on off topic.. I am surprised this guy is still alive! Giz there may be a couple things for you to try! Especially seeing what you are capable of! :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XVtUUtfjJE

·
Registered
12,288 Posts
jeff taylor; holy cow, man I think I jumped higher than he did, scared poor charley boy half to death when I jumped from that idiot:lol: now he isn't even wanting to lay beside me on the floor.:lolol: what freaking people won't do for some attention, I guess in this case on u-tube--would be "likes"

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,263 Posts
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: ......................

·
Registered
404 Posts
I never laughed so hard in my life
Thanks for the pick me up.
Nobody can be that stupid can they?
Good thing he's not working with 550V primary circuits

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jeff taylor; holy cow, man I think I jumped higher than he did, scared poor charley boy half to death when I jumped from that idiot:lol: now he isn't even wanting to lay beside me on the floor. :lolol:what freaking people won't do for some attention, I guess in this case on u-tube--would be "likes"
I can't believe he fooled with a coil! OSHA may use this for classes!!!!! Oh and Jim, what are you doing laying on the floor? Get a jolt from the screen! It's Okay, I understand! Glad you got a kick out of it.. My brother sent that to me because he was just like this guy when he was a kid, he would do stupid stuff all the time. and to this day he still fools with electricity, he will never learn Jim.. And he is 59 years old to boot! When he was a baby he started Mom and dads bed spread on fire biting thru an extension cord! That was his sign... :laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never laughed so hard in my life
Thanks for the pick me up.
Nobody can be that stupid can they?
Good thing he's not working with 550V primary circuits
I though it would take the minds off all that snow a lot of people received and to me today is Friday so I start early on the lighten up time!!! Thanks. Oh and yes, people can be that stupid!!! :lol:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,736 Posts
Here you go, some stuff you should not do. I advise this very strongly.. enjoy.. No bad words they are beeped out so I think this can stay on off topic.. I am surprised this guy is still alive! Giz there may be a couple things for you to try! Especially seeing what you are capable of! :lol:
Can't stop laughing at that poor [email protected]$*t.:lol::lol::lol:
And that's coming from someone who has been stung more than once dealing with electronics for 55 years.:banghead:

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
That guy is way dumber than advertised. Even if it's an act, he's dumb. Luckily, he wasn't wearing safety glasses he would have ruined them.:lolol:

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Can't stop laughing at that poor [email protected]$*t.:lol::lol::lol:
And that's coming from someone who has been stung more than once dealing with electronics for 55 years.:banghead:
I myself have been stung not by fooling around (I do not experiment with anything I don't know about) but because I was told "Jeff all the electricity has been disconnect you are free to demolish" then BAM, a flash, then my elbow hurts! It was a church we were demolishing and I wondered what I did to deserve that!!! Always went to confession and I never said to the priest don't bother father there's no toilet paper in here either! an old joke of course.. The only other time I got juiced that I can remember was when I grew up on a lake and I was in the water going to change the spark plug on our small outboard and my crazy brother pulled the starter cord while I had the spark plug wire in my hand,,, he was a little.....,, well I can't say! A magneto juice at that! Needless to say I couldn't catch him either !!!! He knew what was going to happen to me, I guess that's what brothers are for! :dunno:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,736 Posts
I myself have been stung not by fooling around (I do not experiment with anything I don't know about) but because I was told "Jeff all the electricity has been disconnect you are free to demolish" then BAM, a flash, then my elbow hurts! It was a church we were demolishing and I wondered what I did to deserve that!!! Always went to confession and I never said to the priest don't bother father there's no toilet paper in here either! and old joke of course.. The only other time I got juiced that I can remember was when I grew up on a lake and I was in the water going to change the spark plug on our small outboard and my crazy brother pulled the starter cord while I had the spark plug wire in my hand,,, he was a little.....,, well I can't say! A magneto juice at that! Needless to say I couldn't catch him either !!!! He knew what was going to happen to me, I guess that's what brothers are for! :dunno:
Still remember the bad old days of vacuum tubes, B+ and unregulated B+, 365V DC.
That stuff just liked to reach out and touch ya.:lol:

The worst I ever got stung was the end cap of a thyraton tube, 2000 VDC capable of delivering a very short (microseconds) pulse of
50 amps.
It drove the magnetostrictive transducer on our sonic well logging tool.

First thing you do is discharge the end cap to ground a few seconds before working on it.
That I did, was working on it and had to go to the radio room to talk to an engineer having trouble.
While I was gone from the instrument shop, another engineer came in and fired up the tool to show a prospective
trainee engineer how the transducer would "click" when firing.
He shut it down than left.

I came back in grabbed the thyratron to remove it, it was like two flashbulbs going off in my eyes, knocked back
about 4 feet, slammed into the workbench, dazed, burn marks on my fingers.
Once I got squared away, I ran out in the shop a hollered, "Who the hell fire up the tool", the @#$*&^% engineer
said "Oh that was me".
He really shouldn't have waved his hand in a proud fashion when he said, "Oh that was me".

That's when the fight started.:lol:
I slammed him against the wall and using colorful language, explained how he errored and that most grievous misfortunes
would befall him if he ever did that again. :lol::lol:

The poor little trainee engineer had eyes as big as saucers, he just didn't have the hang of oilfield work yet.:laugh:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,736 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Pretty funny video, for sure.
I hate the to break up the party, but for the sake of safety when it comes to electricity, the sad fact is that it only takes .3 amps under the right conditions to do serious damage, or death, to us fragile humans.
As always, approach electricity with respect, it will bite you when you least expect it.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Oh my god, you had me crying!:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Pretty funny video, for sure.
I hate the to break up the party, but for the sake of safety when it comes to electricity, the sad fact is that it only takes .3 amps under the right conditions to do serious damage, or death, to us fragile humans.
As always, approach electricity with respect, it will bite you when you least expect it.
"It's the volts that jolts, but the mils that kills."

·
Premium Member
14,713 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Oh so funny, :bigthumb::lol::lol::lol: I needed a good laugh....:bigthumb:

Like others not sure why I'm still living, have had the tip of screwdriver burnt off. A 3/8 wide fish tape burnt into. One evening had both knees resting on a double bowl stainless sink, plumbed with 1/2" copper. While the knees are on the sink stuck white wire of 12-3 in my mouth then grabbed the black wire to put the old type sleeve on wires. Man did I jump off that sink , oh of course the electric was on because I was hooking up the other 3 lights in bulkhead .

Told here before where I knocked out the transformer in front of my mom and dads. Dad was wanting a cb antenna installed , so little brother was trying , he may have been 14 me 21. I climb up a 40' alum ladder standing beside a 1 1/2 or 2 " steel pipe holding the antenna. Brother had two of the legs connected and needed to install the last arm. The arm would be in between the hot and neutral of 440 main feed. Dad wanted to turn the pipe nope no need. The alum arm fell down on the neutral and sparks flew, this happened twice , on the third time I let go and it laid there. Under the 40' ladder dad had a 28' alum (I think) , You talk about the prettiest blue arching light you ever want to see between those two ladders.... Oh so pretty ,. till transformer blew and later that evening we found out the Fuse in SubStation apx 12 miles away had also blown... Didn't scare me till about 3 hrs later, our daughter was 1 or 1 1/2 yr old she will be 44 this Oct.

To many others to tell, but yes it doesn't make much to kill , just the right conditions.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Thanks for the share, that was so funny. One thing though, I hope this guy can't breed, he's just a bit slow at learning. I'm just say'n.:lolol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts