Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread I am being encouraged to show my collector vehicles. I am going to start with my 1991 Z28 and my 2001 S10 (not a collector just fun). So, let's see what everyone else has hidden in the barn. I will add the others as on going additions. So, throw back the car covers and get the cameras out, I want to see vehicles. :nunu:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Love the car and the truck but even more than that...I NEED A SHOP LIKE THAT!

I have four kids at home and I can't get them to quit eating so my "fun" car habit is on hold for a few years. My daily driver has been a very dependable workhorse. I've installed a few performance adders to make it more fun but it's still not fast. lol

Ram.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
S10 looks sweet! Love the white letter tires!! Too bad it doesnt have the floor shift auto.. Would be the icing on the cake for me.. :thumbup1gif:

Got mine out yesterday for a ride around the country section... :kidw_truck_smiley:
Black Beauty! Love that body style too. Many moons ago we had a '68 Impala four door grocery getter/taxi and it was a work horse. They combine the classic look with great driveability. The '59 and '60 drive pretty much like you would expect from a 50 year old car, although the '60 has been refitted with a 350 and a 700R4.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Black Beauty! Love that body style too. Many moons ago we had a '68 Impala four door grocery getter/taxi and it was a work horse. They combine the classic look with great driveability. The '59 and '60 drive pretty much like you would expect from a 50 year old car, although the '60 has been refitted with a 350 and a 700R4.

ZZ4 350 w/ 700r4 is what mines rockin too.. 400 hp and 15mpg fun!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I will have to drag a pic of my old 1980 Cougar XR7 out. It has a little old 460 done over to 472ci C6 with TCI manual valve body. Eibach Drag launch springs and air bag with Lakewood LCA's and a 9" out of a 57 Edsel. Brakes from a 70 Torino and front rotors off an Aerostar van to get the 5 bolt pattern. It is a Heinz 57 car if ever there was one but I did it all myself including building the engine and tranny with the help of some very knowledgeable friends. Sad thing is, it has been sitting for 10 + years. After we moved to the acerage I lost interest in it and backed off the valve train as it has a monster solid lifter flat tappet cam in it and I didn't want to wreck the valve springs. Every year I go out and look at it and say I am gonna get it running this year but never do as it will cost a small fortune to get it running again. I loved driving it as I could lift the front wheels off the ground on main street it hooks so well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,721 Posts
Here a few photos of my FIL 67 SS396

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
In another thread I am being encouraged to show my collector vehicles. I am going to start with my 1991 Z28 and my 2001 S10 (not a collector just fun). So, let's see what everyone else has hidden in the barn. I will add the others as on going additions. So, throw back the car covers and get the cameras out, I want to see vehicles. :nunu:
My first car was a 1986 Z28. I don't have pics to upload but my father and I rebuilt the engine together (learned alot, by the way) and I had the whole thing painted and interior done. But, that "tuned port injection" engine NEVER ran right, before or after we pulled it out....

Your's is beautiful, by the way. Mine was white too, but I had the older-style gold wheels so I painted the rocker panels gold to match

·
Administrator
20,681 Posts
Can we add motorcyles to the thread?

If not.....:flag_of_truce:

Here's my '07 HD FXST, the last of the Softail Standards. Too many mods too list.:drinks:

IMG_0742.JPG

It's an old video I did a couple of years ago, shortly after I moved from Alaska.

Here's my wife's ride.

If bikes aren't allowed Randy...:tongue:

·
Administrator
17,973 Posts

·
Administrator
20,681 Posts
I gotta say Kenny, every time I see that pic, I think that is one of the best pictures I've seen. It's a great shade of blue, super clear, and the bike is nice and clean. Although I'm not a big GW fan, your picture is a great argument.

·
Premium Member
14,721 Posts
This is our convertible :lol:

View attachment 37139
Attaching some different rides, 2 seaters, family size, open top and my Burgman. The one with all the buggies in the field and next to a building was taken same day ,but different areas. Can't remember if it was the day for Weddings or Funerals.
Couldn't resist sending the little girl chasing , guessing Dad around the field.
All from Holmes county, Ohio

My favorite ride in there.
I know get back on the topic

Attachments

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Here a few photos of my FIL 67 SS396
Love these cars. Back in the day I was lucky enough to buy a new '66 SS396 - 360hp w/4 speed, 'vette transistor ignition, posi-trac, knee-knocker tach, bucket seats... (but not smart enough to hang on to it :cry:)

To this day one of my all-time favorites (and it ran like a scalded dog). :laugh:

Hope you are on good terms with your FIL. :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
If not.....:flag_of_truce:

Here's my '07 HD FXST, the last of the Softail Standards. Too many mods too list.:drinks:

It's an old video I did a couple of years ago, shortly after I moved from Alaska.
Here's my wife's ride.

If bikes aren't allowed Randy...:tongue:
YEAH! What he ^^^^said, my fun ride:
I did say vehicles. Thank you everyone for posting.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
YEAH! What he ^^^^said, my fun ride:

I can attest to that being a fun ride, Kenny!

Sadly though, I no longer own my fun/hot cars. Like someone else said, wasn't smart enough to hang onto my favorite. But enjoy seeing what others have.

And, WHY don't they make cars like they used to?? The lines on the old cars were classy. Today's stuff, like most of today's houses, look like they came from a cookie cutter.

1 - 20 of 192 Posts