Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I'm undecided if I want to buy one like TSC has, or go something like a piece of 1/4" wall square tubing, and tie it to the top link with another tool.
Show me your ideas and what's worked for you.
I'm looking for ideas for my x739
There's no need for 1-family/2-family or above to respond :unknown:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Currently I'm undecided if I want to buy one like TSC has, or go something like a piece of 1/4" wall square tubing, and tie it to the top link with another tool.
Show me your ideas and what's worked for you.
I'm looking for ideas for my x739
There's no need for 1-family/2-family or above to respond :unknown:
Hmmm . . . they might have ideas that could be adapted to your tractor :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

As requested I will not post a picture of my solution as I have a 1-family tractor

Good luck with your search

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hmmm . . . they might have ideas that could be adapted to your tractor :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

As requested I will not post a picture of my solution as I have a 1-family tractor

Good luck with your search
Someone couldn’t resist posting...:mocking:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasn't actually feeling good when I posted the topic, and I did reconsider (just wasn't able to edit) my not wanting the 1&2 family tractors to respond.
I'm open to seeing and hearing about any home made boom poles people care to share.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just bought the tractor supply one. It works great. I couldn't fabricate one for the price.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
If I could buy the one pictured on their website, I would. Apparently the WA stores stock the Behlen brand, which is not the one I want. The one displayed on their website is Tarter, with two top-link connections. Yesterday I called a TSC about 60 miles away to see if they had the Tarter model in stock. I explained to the clerk "specifically" that I wanted the one displayed on the TSC website. He confirmed that's what they had. Given that, I told him to put my name on it, and I'd make the drive. When I got there, it wasn't the Tarter model, it was the Behlen model. I was pissed.

So the manager stepped in and talked to (supposedly) the right people within to get me the Tarter brand delivered to my local store. Fingers are crossed it pans out. I needed it 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First thing this morning, I got a call from Drew @ TSC-Customer Solutions. He was on top of this mess.
He confirmed again, that Washington TSC Stores, stock Behlen Country Implements. He also confirmed the Boom Poles on their website were Tarter.

He told me the Tarter model was getting sent, and it would arrive at our local store.
For the hassles, he discounted it $20 to $129.00.

Now the waiting game.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
First thing this morning, I got a call from Drew @ TSC-Customer Solutions. He was on top of this mess.
He confirmed again, that Washington TSC Stores, stock Behlen Country Implements. He also confirmed the Boom Poles on their website were Tarter.

He told me the Tarter model was getting sent, and it would arrive at our local store.
For the hassles, he discounted it $20 to $129.00.

Now the waiting game.
I've got the Tarter model, it works great for me, hopefully it will for you too. And $20 off is a nice plus!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The ole boom pole was scheduled to arrive at the local TSC yesterday. I been watching, as it made it's way from Kentucky to WA. What, with all the times it's been loaded/unloaded, then lost.

Edit,
I got an email right after posting, saying it arrived. It's sitting on the floor in my shop.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
If I need a rear boom I can use my Post Hole Digger Frame with out the Auger Set up. I have a Loader and not much need for a rear boom anymore. I used to build them and hitches and sell them to feed the family a long time ago. Now China makes the same ones I built many many years ago for a cheap price!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I built a small one for my Cat 0 garden tractors.

I made 3 holes for the top link. Bottom one let's it lift straight up. The top one lets it rotate higher at the end.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts