Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of recognition of the ongoing Stihl giveaway here on GTT, I thought I'd start a thread to talk about which Stihl products folks have or would like to have. My own personal favorite is my 20+ year old 034 saw, but my BR550 backpack blower is another awesome workhorse.

What do you have?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Well OK, since you twisted my arm.
It's an 026 pro, Km-130 with pole saw, and brush knife, a weed whacker, and a tiller.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Well OK, since you twisted my arm.
It's an 026 pro, Km-130 with pole saw, and brush knife, a weed whacker, and a tiller.
That bucket looks way to new!! Have you even scratched it yet? I'll show you how to use it if you want :lol:

I'll have to take some pics of what I got...

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I'll show you how to use it if you want :lol:
I think that would be helpful. I will start working on a to-do list:good2:
It still has that new bucket smell.
The only thing the bucket has seen so far is manure. The pallet forks are getting all the work.
The closest I will get to scratching the bucket is when I grind the paint off to weld on 3 of Kenny's hooks next week. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
I think that would be helpful. I will start working on a to-do list:good2:
It still has that new bucket smell.
The only thing the bucket has seen so far is manure. The pallet forks are getting all the work.
The closest I will get to scratching the bucket is when I grind the paint off to weld on 3 of Kenny's hooks next week. :laugh:
About that to-do list ... I was thinking more I'd bring it to my place to show you :drinks:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got a new BR600 mag, FS250R,SG 20, and Ht80(I believe it is). And on old 029 super. Love that saw, but want something in the lines of a 044 or 441.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Here's my 66, it has a woods port done removed the base basket set the squash at 20 thousands max flow intake system and I opened up the exhaust. I also added felling dogs makes for a nice little firewood saw.:mocking:

IMAG0022.jpg

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Here's my 66, it has a woods port done removed the base basket set the squash at 20 thousands max flow intake system and I opened up the exhaust. I also added felling dogs makes for a nice little firewood saw.:mocking:

View attachment 13578
Nice Saw Soby. I am sure it can cut:thumbup1gif:

I have a 14 y/o 044 and an 200ST and a BR340 backpack blower. The 044 is an outstanding saw and it has seen well over 70 cord of wood. The 200St is great too especially for those times I am in the tree but it is great on the ground as well.

IMG_0014.jpg

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice Saw Soby. I am sure it can cut:thumbup1gif:

I have a 14 y/o 044 and an 200ST and a BR340 backpack blower. The 044 is an outstanding saw and it has seen well over 70 cord of wood. The 200St is great too especially for those times I am in the tree but it is great on the ground as well.

View attachment 13631
Hang on to that 44 Rob there one hell of a saw. I'd love to get my hands on one someday they run hard stock let alone after being (warmed up a bit).

·
Administrator
20,917 Posts
Here is my fleet. The MS441RCM was partially bought with Green Tractor Talk's second Stihl $100 gift certificate give away. Enjoy, and thanks again to GTT!

I like the hand written label on the bar. That's priceless! :good2:

Sent using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just picked up this saw last summer. So far I really like it and use it as my primary firewood saw. Huge upgrade compared to the Poulan that I used before.

-Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Here is my fleet. The MS441RCM was partially bought with Green Tractor Talk's second Stihl $100 gift certificate give away. Enjoy, and thanks again to GTT!

The Wall of Fame !!!!:lol:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I didn't get a pic of the Stihl family when this thread first started, so I thought I'd post one today of the new addition to the collection that followed me home this morning.

Stihl_collection.jpg

The big ol' 660 is the newest. It was drizzling a little this morning, but of course I had to go out and test it. Man is that a nice running saw! I had to drop two small trees in an area we are filling in to level the backyard. It wasn't even a test of the saw's power, but at least I got to run it. :fed:

The other saw is a 16-year-old 026 Pro. Then there's the Kombi motor with the jet engine blower on it and the tiller attachment. And a polesaw and a string trimmer. I had the trimmer and polesaw before I had the Kombi powerhead (in fact, I think it was before the Kombi system even came out).

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I didn't get a pic of the Stihl family when this thread first started, so I thought I'd post one today of the new addition to the collection that followed me home this morning.

View attachment 19897

The big ol' 660 is the newest. It was drizzling a little this morning, but of course I had to go out and test it. Man is that a nice running saw! I had to drop two small trees in an area we are filling in to level the backyard. It wasn't even a test of the saw's power, but at least I got to run it. :fed:.
Nice saw Andy. I bet it will cut!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Nice saw Andy. I bet it will cut!
I only have one tank of fuel through it, but it has tons of power. That photo is a little deceiving unless you have some of the other items for reference. I bet the overall length of the 660 is closing in on 4'. I bought it mainly to use with an Alaskan chainsaw mill I have. Once I get a chance to get it set up in the mill I'll post some pics in a new thread.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts