Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
mowed along some of my creek banks.jpg this is along my creek i try to keep mowed off.
sweeping grass with the X475 and parker sweeper20170509_162104.jpg the X-475 and Parker sweeper doing its job
at helen webers house and ground-after i mowed for barbie.jpg my 2520 hooked to my Frontier GM1072 mowing a field at my aunt's homeplace
had my jd model 50 out some today-10-6-17.jpg my 1953 model 50 and pull behind jd 5 ft brush hog-this field is right beside my ground, who my cousin owns, and i mow it off thru out the summer time.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
You can't be serious...
:lolol:

I think its Spring Fever kicking in......but maybe its a trick for us to post pics so we get jinxed into an April snow storm!! :banghead:

Here is the state of the backyard this morning....no lawn mowing needed just yet but things are getting green. I took the straw netting off the area re-seeded from last Fall's patio work. It is coming in pretty well but will need more overseeding and fert this Spring. The lawn on the other side of the driveway is a little larger area and about two weeks behind in growth because it is shaded from the sun by trees. The front is about the same size as the back and is also shaded somewhat so it is a little behind the back yard in its greening.

20180403_105853.jpg

The light tan line about the middle of the pic is the patch of zoysia grass I had planted and been slowly spreading through the yard. You can see patches of tan where the plugs have been placed so far in the very back.

I did take the 332 & trimmer up to church last Saturday so the lawn looked good for Easter. It was high in a few patches since it didn't get cut late last Fall. It was the inaugural 2018 grass cutting for the machine! :good2:

·
Registered
715 Posts
You can't be serious...

nice view!

how big is that lake?
looks private -
You wouldn't know it from our back yard (by lake convention, that's our front yard) view, but 200 acres. The adjoining and connected West lake is nearly 300. More than enough room for tubing, water skiing, jet skis and numerous party boats. Ice fishing and snowmobiles in the winter. We live on the outlet, which is shallow, narrow and quiet.

Al

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You wouldn't know it from our back yard (by lake convention, that's our front yard) view, but 200 acres. The adjoining and connected West lake is nearly 300. More than enough room for tubing, water skiing, jet skis and numerous party boats. Ice fishing and snowmobiles in the winter. We live on the outlet, which is shallow, narrow and quiet.

Al
awesome -
life is good I see!:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
:think::sleep::munch: gonna be awhile here
I was thinking the same thing, my mower deck is still in the machinery shed :lol:

Won't be long though, historically I know we go from what we have now to mowing in just a couple of weeks, my thought is I'll be mowing by week of the 23rd :flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Heh. We got another 10" of snow today....

My car got the first pass at plowing on the way down the driveway.

Backyard

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
I can give you green but,these are last years pics.Backyard,front yard and sunset.

Attachments

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
2016 pics but it's still there and hasn't changed except for at this time it's still brown in some areas.

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

That's most of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
A few from last fall with my x739. Already sold that one. I really wish I hadn't. Loved that tractor.

On another note...this was the first full season for this lawn after being planted from scratch (slit seeded) in late June the previous year. Healthy watering and a solid fertilizer program thickened it up quickly and very few weeds. Really looking forward to having it mature this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Mowed for the first time 2 days ago. Grass isn't growing very fast, but is growing.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 55 Posts