Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a new 4120 with the 400x loader and hd bucket. Is it normal for the angle bracket on the loader arm to move and smash into the loader arms. Mine has already gouged the paint off after 10hrs of run time. The pin that goes threw the loader are is as tight as you can get it but the pin still spins in the loader causing the bracket to move. I can take my hand and rock the brack back and forth.

·
Super Moderator
5,097 Posts
Can you post some pics of the bracket that's causing your problems? Your title here is "Level Bucket Indicator" but then you mention a problem with an angle bracket....

Off hand, I'd say "No", there are no "Normal" parts that scrape and peel paint off of your loader arms during normal operation.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the angle bracket is mounted on the loader arm and the rod rides threw the bracket. I'll take a few pictures when I get back to the tractor

Can you post some pics of the bracket that's causing your problems? Your title here is "Level Bucket Indicator" but then you mention a problem with an angle bracket....

Off hand, I'd say "No", there are no "Normal" parts that scrape and peel paint off of your loader arms during normal operation.

·
Administrator
17,948 Posts
No that does not sound normal at all. At 10 hours get the dealer involved, or try a washer or two on the stud under the bracket.

400.jpg

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's part number one that's moving and hitting the loader. I don't think a washer will help as the bracket doesn't move on the pin. The pin is actually moving in the loader arms. And I think that's where the problem is. I've called the dealer and they said its normal.

No that does not sound normal at all. At 10 hours get the dealer involved, or try a washer or two on the stud under the bracket.

View attachment 32970

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Can you post actual pictures of your machine to show how it's hitting? I'm not following the description to understand what's actually going on.

It certainly isn't normal to be "gouging" the paint.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can you post actual pictures of your machine to show how it's hitting? I'm not following the description to understand what's actually going on.

It certainly isn't normal to be "gouging" the paint.
My 3033R is rubbing in the same spot. I will try to get a pic of mine.

·
Administrator
17,948 Posts
It's part number one that's moving and hitting the loader. I don't think a washer will help as the bracket doesn't move on the pin. The pin is actually moving in the loader arms. And I think that's where the problem is. I've called the dealer and they said its normal.
I think the bracket should pivot on the pin, try loosening the nut some maybe. Make sure your dealer clearly understands that gouging the paint off is neither normal or acceptable.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hey guys I have a new 4120 with the 400x loader and hd bucket. Is it normal for the angle bracket on the loader arm to move and smash into the loader arms. Mine has already gouged the paint off after 10hrs of run time. The pin that goes threw the loader are is as tight as you can get it but the pin still spins in the loader causing the bracket to move. I can take my hand and rock the brack back and forth.
That was the same way on my loader. The bracket is pinched between the end of the pin and the nut but the pin can rotate about 120* before the cam on the end of the pin stops rotating so the *&%$ bracket digs into to top of the arm.
I just took the contraption off and learned to use the top of the bucket as an indicator, which now seems more useful.
More often than not, the tractor is not sitting at the same plane as you want the bottom of the bucket and that indicator is worthless in those times
just my 2 c

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've heard of this on "other" forums. My own 400x has the same issue. Shimming a thin piece of wood/other material under the angle bracket thats rubbing returns the bracket to functional.

Like others, I use the angle on the flat of my bucket or forks to indicate level.

Matt

·
Registered
92 Posts
Exact same thing happened on my tractor. I loosened the nut several threads applied loctite to the bolt, and ran the nut up to the angle bracket finger tight, and backed off 1/2 turn. No further issues.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts