Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Alamo Flail mower.
I need to get pins for the lift arms.
these pins ideally would be 7/8 dia x 3 usable length.
they need to look like top link pins.
my local tractor supply place carries the pins with one end threaded ends the lift arms. these won't work as the implement has a bar that goes on either side of the ball on the tractors lift arm.
Nobody seems to carry pins that are made for this type of application.
Anybody can help me here.
Sources?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ok so i'm guessing your lower links are the clevis style? If that's the case you can buy a 7/8 hitch pin and cut it to the length you need and drill it for a keeper. They are fairly soft and cut easy. My rear finish mower is a Land Pride and has the same style. I was missing one till I found a dealer close by and asked them. They could get them for a couple bucks so it wasn't worth making one for me. Maybe if you have a Land Pride dealer close by try them.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I believe you have the same pin layout as on my Frontier box blade. Below is a pic of a similar layout on another box blade. I used the same type of pin for mine. If you go to your local farm and home store and look at the 7/8 inch hitch pins like you see on this unit, you should be able to find what you need. You probably have been looking at cat 1 3pt pins. Instead, look at 7/8 inch hitch pins. This is what I did. Just make sure it is long enough to go all the way through so you can put a spring cotter pin in the end hole like you see in this pic.

Dave

bb.jpg

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies.
Yes, my mower has the clevis type set-up.
I know I could get and use longer pins, but I was hoping for a simple easy solution of a pin that the size I need.
I guess I'll have to use a longer pin.

Thanks all

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I believe you have the same pin layout as on my Frontier box blade. Below is a pic of a similar layout on another box blade. I used the same type of pin for mine. If you go to your local farm and home store and look at the 7/8 inch hitch pins like you see on this unit, you should be able to find what you need. You probably have been looking at cat 1 3pt pins. Instead, look at 7/8 inch hitch pins. This is what I did. Just make sure it is long enough to go all the way through so you can put a spring cotter pin in the end hole like you see in this pic.

Dave
Agreed.

Here is one from Agri-Supply: Hitch Pin, 7/8" x 4-1/4" with Clip Pin | Agri Supply, 11882

Tim

·
Registered
84 Posts
Longer is better than shorter, at least that's what SWMBO keeps telling me. :unknown::unknown::unknown:

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
140 Posts
I took a picture of my Land Pride mower today so you could see if it is similar to what you need. I tried to post it here but cant get it to work. I tried my computer and my cell phone and neither will work for some reason. If you do a search for Land Pride 310-020s that is the part number for them.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took a picture of my Land Pride mower today so you could see if it is similar to what you need. I tried to post it here but cant get it to work. I tried my computer and my cell phone and neither will work for some reason. If you do a search for Land Pride 310-020s that is the part number for them.
Chuck, is that 310-020s pin 7/8 dia x 3 useable length?
I have a landpride dealer just down the road from me.
Thanks

·
Administrator
18,306 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Chuck, is that 310-020s pin 7/8 dia x 3 useable length?
I have a landpride dealer just down the road from me.
Thanks
Sorry about that. I figured that was something you wanted to know that's why I took the picture with a ruler laid across so you could get an idea of the length. I got so annoyed about trying to post the pic I forgot. Yes it is 7/8 with 3" of usable length. They seem to run around $15 or so.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Yes it is 7/8 with 3" of usable length. They seem to run around $15 or so.
...but I just posted a link to a pin from Agri-Supply for $2.49??

Oh well.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Timmarks, thanks for the reply,
I don't have a Agri-supply around thats not a bit out of my way, If I have to pay for shipping then the price goes way up.
I had to stop at my local Deere dealer to pickup a part I ordered for the lawn mower, they did'nt have any pins on hand that would work. they don't deal with bigger stuff much, mostly lawn and garden stuff.
On the way home I stopped by the local Landpride dealer. He had 1 new one on hand. Approx $15. But he had a box full of used stuff, found 2 pins like I needed for $10.

now i'm good to go.

thanks all!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts