Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
WOW! Fresh from paint. Looking good T-man. Looks like you didn't spare the metal either, nice and heavy duty. So what kind of things will you use it for?

·
Administrator
20,889 Posts
Looks great! :thumbup1gif: What do you plan on lifting with it?

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
I know my 3 point lifts in a arc which is more noticable at the top of lift. I have been thinking about doing something like this so would be curious how high yours is when in the low positiion and then how high when its all the way. The actual 3 point cant raise very high but hoping the arc will help out.

So if you get a chance, could you measure yours?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lifting boom

it is12" in low position,and 66" at the top position off floor. i plan to use it to pick-up 60"mmm on it side to expose under side to pressure wash and maintain blades.i have a FEL on larger farm tractor,but sometimes its at a nother location.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Pressure Washing Underside of Mower Decks

My old 655 had a 50" belly mower. I was always washing the underside. I would raise the deck to clear a fountain type lawn sprinkler, center over the sprinkler head, turn on the water, start the deck and slowly move back and forth over the sprinkler. It worked pretty good. However, it seemed I was replacing the spindles more often than I should. After all, this was a John Deere. I spoke with my local JD mechanic and he advised to try and not direct water into the base of those spindles. He also told me not to spray water on top of the deck as the water likes to find it's way into the bearings there too. After I stopped using water on my mower deck the spindle replacement extended into years. I see the dealer's yard boy using their steam cleaner all the time on equipement. Many mower decks come with those hose hook ups. I just got my new 1026R today with FEL and MMM. I plan to use 120 PSI air to keep the dirt and rocks off most of the tractor. I know sometimes we just have to get the hose out. I thought I'd just throw that out for consideration. Nice boom :)

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
it is12" in low position,and 66" at the top position off floor. i plan to use it to pick-up 60"mmm on it side to expose under side to pressure wash and maintain blades.i have a FEL on larger farm tractor,but sometimes its at a nother location.
Thank you. Wouldnt have guessed it to be that much lift. That's enspiring.

It would be harder to mount but wondering about the advantages of building one that starts 24 to 36" off the ground.

One more question :)

How long is your arm?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Beautiful work Tractorman....

Funny how sharing a creative work like this can get others creative juices flowing. While I have never considered the need to lift my deck for cleaning, the possibile uses of what you created (or something similar) are endless.

Thank you:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
124 Posts
2 things i might add;

1) the lift boom i saw at the local tsc was not a qh model. the upper mount was several inches higher. I thought this was so the boom would arc more while traveling? I have seen one at another tsc store that was a qh model and had 2 diff upper mounting holes.

2) I have been considering doing one similar for when the fel is removed and i need a quick lift. only I was thinking of using the arm and cylinder from our cherry picker. both could be put on with pins. the tractor could lift what it could and the rest could be done with the hand pump. Or i suppose if you were really handy a cylinder could go there to do it from the tractors hydraulics...

just some food for thought

-Aaron

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
2) I have been considering doing one similar for when the fel is removed and i need a quick lift. only I was thinking of using the arm and cylinder from our cherry picker. both could be put on with pins. the tractor could lift what it could and the rest could be done with the hand pump. Or i suppose if you were really handy a cylinder could go there to do it from the tractors hydraulics...
I know a gentleman here locally that has a hydraulic boom like that, not sure what brand. The boom has it's own hydraulic stabilizer legs that go down. He has it on the back of a big Oliver, says it works really well. Lots of power and reach.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts